Help me with my c172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
FlipS
Senior Airman

Re: Help me with my c172

Post by FlipS »

MEFISTO wrote
I have P3D V4, i dont know why my C172 is always making a big left banking :shock: It's frustrating
Does only the C172 make a big left banking? If so: look to Weight and Balance (Shift + 4).
If all airplanes make a big left banking: clean up the potentiometer of your yoke that commands the ailerons (or buy a yoke or a stick with hall sensors).

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

clean up the potentiometer
How does one do this?

A bad pot will more likely be either spikey or inconsistent. Maybe suggest they calibrate the control first?

Flapman has given the best explanation so far.

A new user, his first and only post, never responded on the thread, and it is on a controversial subject. Nope, doesn't suggest anything to me either.

Hook

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

How does one do this?
I had to do this with my Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Open the case of the controller, look for the potentiometer, open it (this is a bit a delicate work) and clean with a tissue or something like that. There should be some grease in the potentiometer but not too much.
My hardly used Saitek Yoke has the same problem (resulting in consistent banking to the left) but I didn't repair that; I now use a controller with hall sensors. And I'm saving money to buy rudder pedals with hall sensors.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I have always heard to clean pots with "tuner cleaner" available at most stores that sell electronic stuff. You may not need to disassemble the pot to use it. I think it was originally intended for the old TVs, hence the name.

Taking a controller apart will void the warranty. Taking a pot apart may void your sanity. :) This is probably not something to recommend to a beginner.

CH Products controllers have pots removable without a soldering iron so a user could replace them, and the connection is occasionally flaky resulting in the output wandering around when it shouldn't. Crimping the connector will work, but getting it replaced under warranty is better. I sent a joystick back to Amazon when this happened and they replaced it without question.

Hook

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”