C172 Trainer for FSX Requires Last Disc in Multi-Volume Set

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JayHawkk
Airman Basic

C172 Trainer for FSX Requires Last Disc in Multi-Volume Set

Post by JayHawkk »

There seems to be a problem with the installer for the Accu-Sim C172 "Trainer" for FSX Steam Edition. The product (FSX:SE) was purchased and installed through the Steam store and was a direct download. However, when installing the add-on aircraft, this message appears: "Please insert the last disc of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue." There is no disc set or media of any kind to insert, so there must be a way to bypass this message and continue on with the installation. Thanks - Jeff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 Trainer for FSX Requires Last Disc in Multi-Volume

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Jeff and welcome to the forums.

It's very strange that you're seeing this message - The 172 Trainer should install just fine in FSX-SE.

Please can you confirm the exact name of the installer file you're using, and let us know when you purchased and where from?

It may also be worth verifying the integrity of the FSX installation in Steam itself. Here's a screenshot of the relevant option:

Thanks,
Nick

JayHawkk
Airman Basic

Post by JayHawkk »

Hi Nick, the exact file name I am using to install this aircraft in FSX Steam Edition is:
C172_FSX_v.2.0.EXE which was extracted from the downloaded file: accusim_c172_trainer.zip which I have just recently purchased directly from A2A Simulations within the last two weeks. I had originally purchased the P3D Academic version, because I had just purchased an academic license from Lockheed Martin to avoid having to double pay for this aircraft when I finally started using P3D. So I figured this would be a good time to start, and got the C172 trainer for P3D. The problem is that I don't have my gaming PC built yet and my laptop cannot run P3D with smooth framerates like it does with FSX. So I emailed A2A and asked if there was a discount I could get for the FSX version so I could have both versions, so Lewis updated my account by removing the P3D versions (v4 & v3) and replaced it with the FSX version download link. I had already downloaded the P3D version and it is still runing on my P3D install. Am I supposed to uninstall the aircraft from P3D and delete the installer now? This would mean that I would have to re-purchase this aircraft once again when I finish my PC build and begin using P3D exclusively. This is what I was trying to avoid to begin with, which is why I had asked for a discount for the FSX version so I could keep the P3D version for use in another computer. Kind of like a "bundle" price for both versions in which I would just pay the difference. I don't think that this is what's causing the FSX SE install issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning since it seems like I am now not technically allowed to run my C172 in P3D anymore. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks - Jeff

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Jeff though I can't comment on what you agreed with Lewis in terms of exchanges/refunds.

In terms of the problem you're describing, I recommend you make sure the installer is properly extracted from its zipped archive and is saved on your system drive rather than a USB flash drive for example. If the problem persists, please try re-downloading the zipped archive from the A2A store.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”