Severe Simulation Inaccuracies

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Trevor_D
Airman

Severe Simulation Inaccuracies

Post by Trevor_D »

I recently installed Toga Project's Envshade. After which all the default aircraft, as far as I've seen, work properly. My C172 however now climbs at 80 knots with a 30 degree nose up pitch angle, the in cockpit engine noise is always at idle, the trottle doesn't move, even though thrust is increasing to that of a Learjet. Not sure how to go about troubleshooting what happened with Envshade. Should I just reinstall my A2A add-on? I'm afraid to touch anything. To clarify, the aircraft was working fine before.

Thanks,

Trevor

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Severe Simulation Inaccuracies

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Trevor,

ENVSHADE is just a shader mod as far as I'm aware, so hard to see how it would affect the 172 so drastically unless there's something very odd about the way it installs.

One thing you could try is deleting the Contents of "Documents\A2A\Cessna172" in case these files have become corrupted. Note that this will reset the persistent state of the aircraft, so you may wish to back up these files beforehand.

For further advice, please can you let us know which host sim you're using.

Thanks,
Nick

Trevor_D
Airman

Post by Trevor_D »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Trevor,

ENVSHADE is just a shader mod as far as I'm aware, so hard to see how it would affect the 172 so drastically unless there's something very odd about the way it installs.

One thing you could try is deleting the Contents of "Documents\A2A\Cessna172" in case these files have become corrupted. Note that this will reset the persistent state of the aircraft, so you may wish to back up these files beforehand.

For further advice, please can you let us know which host sim you're using.

Thanks,
Nick
I am equally perplexed. To clarify, I am using P3Dv4.2. I tried what you suggested and, after rebooting P3D, it had no effect on aircraft performance. I will also add that some of the interesting effects include when commanding flaps down, the aircraft slows down, but does not produce additional lift and the flaps do not animate, the lever doesn't move, and no flaps sound. I'll also add that engine RPM guage doesn't respond to throttle inputs, just wiggles as if at idle. Thrust is still that of a fighter.
[...]
As I was typing I continued to probe the issue. I verified that the A2A C172 is the only aircraft affected. I checked the control assignments, but changed nothing. When trying the aircraft again, throttle and mixture now respond and engine thrust performs as expected and RPM responds. However, flaps increase lift, but do not increase drag. They also still do not animate.
[...]
Trying it again. And flaps are now working as normal. I literally did nothing, and the problem resolved itself. They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That certainly doesn't apply to people who work with computers. If you have any additional thoughts, please share. I'd hope to avoid this glitch in the future.

Thank you much!

Trevor

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Might I suggest how you where loading the flight, as it sounds like maybe you experienced a sim-connect failure/corrupt flight load.

Also just to make sure you are not using a complex aircraft simulation as your default saved flight.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”