Radio stack not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Trevor_D
Airman

Radio stack not working

Post by Trevor_D »

Hello,

I am flying the C172 for P3D v4.2. I recently resolved (sort of) an issue where my nose wheel wouldn't respond to my rudder inputs. I resolved this with another fix I found on these forums. Now the aircraft steers with rudder, but the nose wheel steering does not animate.

That's not the real problem though. Now, after using this fix, my radio stack does not work, nothing illuminates. Avionics is on, radio switched on, but the radio doesn't illuminate. I think it's on though because I can here other aircraft call ATC. I saw another instance on these forums where someone had this problem, but there was no solution applicable to me.

My P3D is also acting funny now. The hat switch (for viewing) on my stick only works about 10% of the time, and P3D goes straight to loading the default scenario after only opening P3D. All these problems started after using the A2A fix found in another forum. Below:
Oracle427 wrote:I assume you are running P3D version 4.1.

If so, go ahead and download the patch from the sticky topic above and install out and you should be all set.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=57819
-Trevor

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Radio stack not working

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Trevor,

the Accu-sim updater wouldn't cause those issues but it does sound like something or someone has changed your P3D settings. Check your settings as it sounds like they need setting up again, with regard loading the menu first, and also check your controller input settings.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Trevor_D
Airman

Re: Radio stack not working

Post by Trevor_D »

Yeah, there was a change in settings. Show at start-up refers to the P3D, not the airplane. I'm new. Once I fixed that it fixed the radio stack. I guess something doesn't load right in A2A if P3D skips the scenario page.

Hat-switch still doesn't work (which is probably a broken switch :( ) , and nose wheel steering is animating now but is coupled with both the rudder and the tow brakes. I'll have to mess with the control settings some more.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”