C172 P3D v4 spins uncontrollably?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: C172 P3D v4 spins uncontrollably?

Post by Oracle427 »

Ok that is good, there is still the possibility that the spoilers have been deployed via an inadvertent keystroke and possibly saved into the flight parameters.

Are you launching the sim directly into the 172 via a saved flight or do you launch from the default scenario? I believe the default flight is an F22.

Add on aircraft with custom programming do not always work properly of the sim is not initialized from a default flight. If you are not landing from a default flight, please try to do so and see if the problems persist.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Wiesiek,

I suggest you also move the FSUIPC5.dll to a new folder temporarily. If the problem persists after you've done so and restarted P3D, this should prove the issue is not related to FSUIPC.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I don't think you ever confirmed if you did download the latest Accu-Sim update?

vieslavtall
Airman Basic

Post by vieslavtall »

Hi,
C172 was updated.
Based on your recommendation, I have returned to default scenario and with F22.
When I switch to C172 and to any airport, C172 with fairings is working well.
For me the problem is solved.
Thank you very much.
Best regards
Wiesiek

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Great news! Happy flying. The initialization of the sim is very critical with add on that uses custom choosing and/or variables.

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

vieslavtall wrote:Hi,
C172 was updated.
Based on your recommendation, I have returned to default scenario and with F22.
Another option that you can try is to open the default F22 scenario, change to the A2A plane of your choice and save that as the new default scenario. After that, to change an airport open a flight plan and reply yes to " Move to departure airport". The flight plan files (PLN format) are much simpler than scenario files (FXML format) and there's no possibility of any settings in a PLN file being able to mess up the initialzation of and aircraft's internal variables.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

jabloomf1230 wrote:
Another option that you can try is to open the default F22 scenario, change to the A2A plane of your choice and save that as the new default scenario. After that, to change an airport open a flight plan and reply yes to " Move to departure airport". The flight plan files (PLN format) are much simpler than scenario files (FXML format) and there's no possibility of any settings in a PLN file being able to mess up the initialzation of and aircraft's internal variables.
We would highly recommend against this, you should never use a complex simulation as your default flight due to potential initialisation issues.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

Lewis,
I apologize for not making myself clearer. The saved scenario would only be used for that specific aircraft, for example the A2A C172. This thread is the first time that I've read of a loss of control issue with any of the A2A birds, but it has been cropping up more recently with P3d4 and complex aircraft. The mystery is embedded somewhere in the way LM does its scenario files (FXML) which have a number of entries that potentially impact the initialzation of variables used by complex aircraft.

For some reason, flying from one airport to the next and constantly saving scenarios eventually results in an FXML file that will corrupt something. A better solution is to always start a scenario with a saved flight plan, as PLN files don't contain any information that could impact the state of the aircraft.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It's not just P3D, FSX does the same thing.

I did not know about the PLN file distinction.

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

FSX uses FLT files to save scenarios but the concepts are the same. Open one up with a text editor and you'll see numerous entries that affect the initial state of the aircraft.

On the other hand, a flight plan file (PLN) consists of just that; a departure airport, waypoints and a destination airport. There's nothing in it that can impact the state of the aircraft except the initial location.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”