C172 / Prepar3d 2.5 - damaged, no repair possible

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
yeboman
Airman Basic

C172 / Prepar3d 2.5 - damaged, no repair possible

Post by yeboman »

Hi,

I have a new install of prepar3d 2.5 and installed C172_P3D_Academic_v.2.0 followed by A2A_Update_01_26_15. When loading the C172 after a standard P3D plane, all systems are damaged with 0.0hrs on the airframe. "Complete Overhaul" does not do anything.

I have already re-installed P3D and C172, all with admin rights - just as I run P3D with admin rights.

Any log file I can provide to find out what is happening?

Thanks
Andreas

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: C172 / Prepar3d 2.5 - damaged, no repair possible

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you checked the FAQ yet? You may have yet to install simconnect to compete your installation.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you need to run the simconnect files. From the troubleshooting FAQ;

"P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib
"

For the future updater we are going to get these run as part of the updater process to help users out.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

yeboman
Airman Basic

Post by yeboman »

Apologies - I was 100% sure that simconnect had been installed. It was not, I have now installed it and everything is perfect.
Thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No need to apologise, glad its up and running for you now. Enjoy the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis

MarkusB
Airman Basic

Post by MarkusB »

Lewis - A2A wrote:No need to apologise, glad its up and running for you now. Enjoy the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis
Dear A2A experts,

today I purchased the P-51D Civilian for P3D, and - as expected - made a crash on my first flight.
My problem now is that I don't manage to repair the plane. The only hint I found was to run the simconnect installer, which I did. Unfortunately it did not show any success, even after a reboot.
When starting a new flight, the plane seems ok for some seconds, but then the gear and propeller break again while the plane still stands on the airport.

Any hint for solving this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
Markus

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you repaired any of the damage to your aircraft yet or are you expecting it to be fixed?

You'll need to visit the maintenance hanger to repair your aircraft before the next flight.

The manual for your simulation can be found under your Start Menu > A2A Simulations and will be worth a flick through as will our videos;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUOmJzxoaCA

thanks,
Lewis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Markus,

Apologies, but your posts and the new topic you kindly started in the P-51 support forum happened to coincide with us switching forum software, and I'm afraid it wasn't possible to transfer them across.

However, I've pasted your new post below.
MarkusB wrote:Dear All,

I am totally new to this forum and also a beginner in "serious" flight simulation.
I spent the last couple of years with building a 2 DOF motion platform, and now that this piece of hardware is fully operational (see my build thread here), I am checking out suitable flight simulation software.

I am mainly interested in small propeller planes and started with the "Piper Cub" of P3D v4. After this I checked the TF-51D in DCS and I love this plane, including the entire pre-check, start-up, etc. procedures.
Now I thought I could combine the realism of this plane with the whole-world sceneries of P3D, and this was how I found the A2A verion of the P-51.

So far my background, and now about my problem:
My first flight with the P-51 ended in a crash, which broke the right landing gear, the propeller, and probably some more parts.

My question now is how I can repair this damage and - for the future - disable damage completely.

My "Realism" settings in P3D are:
- Ignore crashes and damage
- Ignore avatar collision

My only other Add-on is the Orbx "ObjectFlow 2".

When looking for a solution for this problem, I found hints regarding SimConnect.
So I executed the SimConnect executable in the following directory, but without success:
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Everytime I am starting a flight session, the plane first looks good, but then the right landing gear and the propeller break after some seconds, while the plane is still standing with the engine off.

Right now I notices that the following message is displayed for some seconds:
"Microsoft Flight Simulator X SimConnect Error has been detected, restarting connection".
So maybe it's still a SimConnect issue? But how can I solve it?

Thanks a lot for any hint,
Markus
Along with Paughco's very helpful response which expands a bit on Lewis's reply above...
Paughco wrote:Welcome to the forum! All the A2A birds get repaired by taking them to the crew chief (military) or your favorite A&P mech (general aviation). This is accomplished by hitting the Shift+7 key combo. Oh yeah, you need to have the airplane on the ground with the engine off. You can check all kinds of stuff, just like a real airplane. Some of the A2A airplanes have features that you can install or remove in the Shift+7 shop. You can install tip tanks, for instance, on the A2A Bonanza and the A2A Comanche. You can check engine compression, change oil, filters, etc. You can even overhaul the entire aircraft, but I don't like to do that because it sets the aircraft flight hours back to zero. I've repaired A2A aircraft after some pretty serious "arrivals" by repairing landing gear, then the prop, then the engine crankshaft (always trashed after a prop strike), etc. I've completely freshened the engine on my A2A T-6 after a few "balls to the wall" laps at Reno Stead. Check out the Shift+7 hangar. Very cool and immersive. You'll have that Mustang fixed up and running great in no time!

Seeya
ATB
Thanks and apologies again for the 'lost' posts.
Nick

MarkusB
Airman Basic

Post by MarkusB »

Nick - A2A wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 16:14 Hi Markus,

Apologies, but your posts and the new topic you kindly started in the P-51 support forum happened to coincide with us switching forum software, and I'm afraid it wasn't possible to transfer them across.

However, I've pasted your new post below.
MarkusB wrote:Dear All,

I am totally new to this forum and also a beginner in "serious" flight simulation.
I spent the last couple of years with building a 2 DOF motion platform, and now that this piece of hardware is fully operational (see my build thread here), I am checking out suitable flight simulation software.

I am mainly interested in small propeller planes and started with the "Piper Cub" of P3D v4. After this I checked the TF-51D in DCS and I love this plane, including the entire pre-check, start-up, etc. procedures.
Now I thought I could combine the realism of this plane with the whole-world sceneries of P3D, and this was how I found the A2A verion of the P-51.

So far my background, and now about my problem:
My first flight with the P-51 ended in a crash, which broke the right landing gear, the propeller, and probably some more parts.

My question now is how I can repair this damage and - for the future - disable damage completely.

My "Realism" settings in P3D are:
- Ignore crashes and damage
- Ignore avatar collision

My only other Add-on is the Orbx "ObjectFlow 2".

When looking for a solution for this problem, I found hints regarding SimConnect.
So I executed the SimConnect executable in the following directory, but without success:
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Everytime I am starting a flight session, the plane first looks good, but then the right landing gear and the propeller break after some seconds, while the plane is still standing with the engine off.

Right now I notices that the following message is displayed for some seconds:
"Microsoft Flight Simulator X SimConnect Error has been detected, restarting connection".
So maybe it's still a SimConnect issue? But how can I solve it?

Thanks a lot for any hint,
Markus
Along with Paughco's very helpful response which expands a bit on Lewis's reply above...
Paughco wrote:Welcome to the forum! All the A2A birds get repaired by taking them to the crew chief (military) or your favorite A&P mech (general aviation). This is accomplished by hitting the Shift+7 key combo. Oh yeah, you need to have the airplane on the ground with the engine off. You can check all kinds of stuff, just like a real airplane. Some of the A2A airplanes have features that you can install or remove in the Shift+7 shop. You can install tip tanks, for instance, on the A2A Bonanza and the A2A Comanche. You can check engine compression, change oil, filters, etc. You can even overhaul the entire aircraft, but I don't like to do that because it sets the aircraft flight hours back to zero. I've repaired A2A aircraft after some pretty serious "arrivals" by repairing landing gear, then the prop, then the engine crankshaft (always trashed after a prop strike), etc. I've completely freshened the engine on my A2A T-6 after a few "balls to the wall" laps at Reno Stead. Check out the Shift+7 hangar. Very cool and immersive. You'll have that Mustang fixed up and running great in no time!

Seeya
ATB
Thanks and apologies again for the 'lost' posts.
Nick
Hi Nick,

no worries and thanks for saving my post and the hint from Paughco. It seems that I managed to repair the plane by entering the maintenance hangar. Now I will continue with watching a tutorial video before daring my next flight. I already watched some tutorials for the P-51 in DCS, but I guess there may be some differences to your version.

Thanks again and best regards,
Markus

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Markus - good to hear you're back in business.

If you have any further questions or issues please feel free to post.

Best regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”