C172 trainer with propit

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
SkYdRaXx
Airman Basic

Re: C172 trainer with propit

Post by SkYdRaXx »

Dear Nick,
I used the installer from a2asimulations.com (I bought it at that store) so I guess it is the original one from a2a?
Please have a look at the screenshots for reference. I wanted to add screenshots but it say the quota has been reached so I couldnt attach any.
The installer wants to install the files to: Documents\Prepar3dv4Add-ons\A2A per default

Regards,
Timo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Timo,

There are some tips here for attaching images. Basically, you'll need to upload them to a free file hosting site and post the link.

Thanks,
Nick

SkYdRaXx
Airman Basic

Post by SkYdRaXx »

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Timo - yes, that's the old installer. Please can you follow the steps here to get your account migrated over to the new store whereupon you'll be able to download the new installer. Please bear in mind that this is manual process so it may take a day or two, but you should receive an email notification when it's complete.

The default install location will be the same, but once you've got hold of the new installer, I'll be able to advise you on manually transferring the files into your Prepar3D folder.

Cheers,
Nick

SkYdRaXx
Airman Basic

Post by SkYdRaXx »

Dear Nick,
I created a new account and wait until I get the email that everything is migrated and will then get back to you. Thank you so far,
Greetings,
Timo

SkYdRaXx
Airman Basic

Post by SkYdRaXx »

Dear Nick,

the account has been migranted and I am now able to download the installer. I will install it this evening using the new installer. Do I have to make any preparations before installing or should I report to you once I have installed it using the default settings?

Regards,
Timo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Timo,

Okay - that's great. I think the easiest way for you to do this will be for you to install the 172 to the default directory (or if you prefer a custom directory) and then copy and paste the folders in the "Documents\Prepar3D Add-ons\A2A" folder directly into your Prepar3D directory. (There should be another "A2A" directory, "Effects", "Gauges" etc.). After doing this, you should be able to just uninstall the 172.

Please bear in mind this isn't recommended technique for the vast majority of users, and the auto-update function won't support this manual cut/paste of files. In other words, in the event of future updates being released, you'll need to reinstall and repeat the above process.

I also haven't tested this in P3D myself, but as far as I can see it shouldn't present any problems.

Thanks,
Nick

SkYdRaXx
Airman Basic

Post by SkYdRaXx »

Dear Nick,

thanks for your help so far. The installer made me patch the files and the propit does work now - there seem to be a problem with the yoke, the throttle, prop, mixture and the fuel selector. This is the bottom part of the prop cockpit trainer - I heard that this could be solved with Lvars and FSUIPC. I have FSUIPC installed but am not sure how to make the LVars work...

But at least there is some progress - thanks for your help and your patience so far!
Regards,
Timo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Timo.

I'm away from home at present but I'll try to dig out so useful info in a few days when I'm back. However, a general web search for "FSUIPC L:Vars" or similar should turn up some helpful resources. The FSUIPC advanced documentation may also be worth a look.

Cheers,
Nick

SkYdRaXx
Airman Basic

Post by SkYdRaXx »

Dear Nick,

after being able to install the panel and patching the files I was able to use the yoke and throttles with the default Mooney Bravo of Prepar3d without changing any FSUIPC settings. In fact the yoke is not even recognized in FSPUIC but still I can use the Mooney but not the A2A as certain parts where still not working: Throttle, Yoke, Fuel Selector, Mixture, Prop and parts of the Nav.
The panel and all nobs to the panel are working fine with A2A and Prepar3d.

I checked the aircraft.cfg and even though it differs to the standard Mooney I couldnt find a section where it shows how the aircraft responses to hardware. The .air file I cannot open. How is the connection between
A2A, hardware being made? I know that the rudder peddals are shown as an usb device and I can
set it with FSPUIC. But the other things mentioned wont be run through FSPUIC and the Mooney still works with the hardware.

Could you please give me any hint where I should look to solve the issue? I have never designed a plane and therefore dont know the files and the science behind it.

Thanks,
Greetings,
Timo

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”