Saitek Panels

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Shousa
Senior Airman

Saitek Panels

Post by Shousa »

I have had some success with getting the Saitek Switch Panel and Multi-panels working without removing the Instrument panel (small screen).

My issues
- followed instructions in the stickie - installed spad and lost my other switches (they made a noise but would not move only twitch)
- found out from the spad forum this was due to having both saitek and spad drivers installed
- closed fsx
- the drivers are bundled and I did not want to lose the "small screen" instrument panel
- so I copied the "Pro Flight Panels" directory and its contents (5 exe files and 1 manifest) onto my desktop
- then I deleted the files only (not directory) in the original location c:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels
(the icons for the exes make me think they are unrelated to the instrument panel eg one icon is clearly the radio et al)
- ran FSX

All work though the BAT works a bit oddly (real world?)

One weird thing - I read in a few places it isn't possible for the flight instrument panel to be working with this plane.

Ok so why is mine working?

using a custom screen I downloaded which shows many things on one screen i checked all the numbers with the cessna gauges and they seemed spot on. Is it an accuracy thing? so when I am high up they will be wrong (I was very low and slow).
http://www.simflight.de/2011/05/25/free ... ent-panel/

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Saitek Panels

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Shousa,

Some of the Saitek bits and pieces work just fine others need some tweaking and one or two won't work currently unfortunately. I don't have a definitive list as to what does and doesn't work. But the basics, yoke, pedals, TPM's all work great right outta the box
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

Yes the issue is only the Panels....however I seem to have them all working.

Which is surprising because I have read the "Instrument Panel" which is a little screen - should not be working.

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

Ok I have found the answer - now it makes sense.

From here:
http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/ ... iner-r1878

"I know the external cockpit groups and those using the Saitek Flight Instrument Panels (FIPs) were disappointed to discover the A2A C172 Trainer with Accu-Sim is not compatible with their Mad Catz/Saitek hardware. This results in about half the FIP gauges having erroneous readings. There is not a clear explanation of why some work correctly and some don’t. The culprits are the RPM, Manifold Pressure, Fuel Flow, EGT and Oil Temp gauges. The ones that seem to be compatible are the altimeter, airspeed, Vertical Speed and Directional Gyro. Having two gauges that read completely different RPM is disconcerting at best, and the error is not linear. You know the old adage of having two clocks – you never know for sure what time it is."

So basically my setup is fine because I only use the altimeter, vertical speed, airspeed and directional gyro.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”