My aircraft is "stuck"

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
robains
Staff Sergeant

My aircraft is "stuck"

Post by robains »

After installing the Core v1.6 update for my A2A C-172 the problem of being "stuck" - can't move no matter how much throttle I apply is back again. I had resolved this problem before but I seem to be back to square one again with this core update (v1.6).

I've gone thru the usual calibration process, tried with and without FSUIPC, Checked blocks (Shift-3), parking brake off, etc. etc. but I can't get the C-172 to move at all.

Any hints/suggestions?

Thanks, Rob.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Re: Core Update v1.6 reverted my C172 to being "stuck"

Post by robains »

I've come up with a workaround ...

Make sure you have engine running and apply a little power 50% ... bring up Maps, set your altitude about 4 feet higher, on return this will shoot you forward (make sure you have crash detection OFF) about 50-100 feet so be prepared. But after than, you can taxi around without issue, stop, start, whatever you like ... suggest you save your flight at this point.

Rob.

mike10
Senior Airman

Post by mike10 »

That is really odd? I am having no issue on my system so I can't really help but I was wondering if this happens at all airports, stock airports?

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

mike10 wrote:That is really odd? I am having no issue on my system so I can't really help but I was wondering if this happens at all airports, stock airports?
Hi Mike, yes at default airports too. BUT the good news is that after I get myself unstuck, if I save the flight I can use that flight in the future and I will not start in a "stuck" state.

fleahead
Airman

Post by fleahead »

Lots of luck. Read my similar post... Now Plane Will Not Taxi. I was doing something similar to your workaround except I was slewing up a few feet then going back down to the ground. However that doesn't always work for me. Loading the default fsx 172, then loading the a2a 172 seems to work, though.
Fleahead
Ohio
MSFS
i7-12700 - RTX4080 - Pimax Crystal

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

Rob, good to hear you found a work around for the stuck problem.

More importantly though, I love the racing Exige!
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Thanks Skipper, racing the Lotus keeps me busy when I'm not virtual flying.

Cheers, Rob.

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

robains wrote:Thanks Skipper, racing the Lotus keeps me busy when I'm not virtual flying.

Cheers, Rob.
I've only managed one track day so far in my Elise, but racing it would be the ultimate dream! Think I'm a bit old to start though (not to mention a bit too broke lol) :(
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”