Non starting of the 172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
jerseyheys
Airman

Non starting of the 172

Post by jerseyheys »

No matter what I do , this Aircraft will not start, the prop turns a bit, but the Fuel pump is silent. I have been through all the checks etc, even flown the old 172 and changed to this one at 8000 feet and the engine cuts, to say the least I am getting hacked off!! can anyone help please?

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Non starting of the 172

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

which checks have you been through?

Have you made sure the payload manager has all the relevant fluids, that the settings in FSX itself is as noted in the manual (located under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations) and also that the aircraft is in a flyable condition in the maintenance hanger.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jerseyheys
Airman

Post by jerseyheys »

Thanks for coming back. Checks like throttle slightly open, mixture rich, battery on etc, I have noticed that as soon as I select Ctrl+E the fuel cut off rod goes in to off.
In X there is a full fuel load, have followed the All programs advice,
The only thing I have not got into is the Maintenance hanger bit, how do I get into it?

John

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi John,

The Maintenance Hangar is accessed with Shift-7.

If you are not doing this already, you may want to follow the checklist -Pgs 52-55 in the manual.

Hope this helps.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

You can get to the maintenance hanger the same way you go to the fuel and payload manager via the 2d panels, Shift 2 through 8 I believe it is on the 172. Are you trying to use the default FSX fuel box and not the included aircraft fuel and payload manager?

If you are new to Accu-sim realism I suggest a flick through the manual and some of the supporting videos on our youtube account here;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShockwaveProd/videos

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

jerseyheys wrote:...I have noticed that as soon as I select Ctrl+E the fuel cut off rod goes in to off...
In X there is a full fuel load, have followed the All programs advice...
Not sure what you mean with: "the fuel cut off rod goes in to off". The fuel cut off rod goes IN to OPEN! Out -> CLOSED, IN -> OPEN
Secondly never check anything about A2A fuel and loading in the FSX menu. That's what the SHIFT-4 Fuel and Payload Manager is for... 8) :D
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

jerseyheys
Airman

Post by jerseyheys »

Thanks for all your help, let me be more specific.
When I try to select Shift + 4, 7, or 8 I only get a white flash!
The Fuel rod is next to the fuel selector, when IN reads FUEL CUT OFF ON, when OUT reads FUEL CUT OFF , OFF. when I select control+E to start, the rod moves to the IN position ie FUEL CUT OFF, ON.
I AM ALSO GETTING THE FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE
ACCUSIM.lua:1195:bad argument# 2 to (?)(interval is empty)stack traceback. (C) :in function(?) ACCUSIM.lua: 1195:in function<Accusim lua:57>

Goodness knows what it means, but must have a bearing , a right pain to copy by the way.
So, dearly hope this is helpful.

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello john,

Have you updated the c172 with the 1.03 patch and is your FSX updated? Our products require FSX to be updated to service pack 2.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

jerseyheys wrote:The Fuel rod is next to the fuel selector, when IN reads FUEL CUT OFF ON, when OUT reads FUEL CUT OFF , OFF. when I select control+E to start, the rod moves to the IN position ie FUEL CUT OFF, ON.
Exactly, meaning FUEL is ON when its IN, FUEL is OFF when its OUT.
Having said that, I'm not convinced that Ctrl-E works with the 172 - the Shift-3 panels has an auto-start button, but for that you'll have to get the panels working...

Regarding the Shift-x panels not appearing, is your FSX updated with SP1 and SP2? And do you have advanced animations on? And make sure that panel transparency in the Options-Display menu isn't turned to fully transparent.
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

aob9
Airman

Post by aob9 »

I have read all the posts here but still a bit confused. Have you tried starting using the checklist as opposed to Ctrl+E. I have found through the years that complex aircraft don't respond too well to FSX "quick fixes". I'm not belittling your problem but the C172 is very straight forward to start by the checklist unless there is a fault which can be diagnosed by visiting the hangar.
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

jerseyheys
Airman

Post by jerseyheys »

Hello.
FSX is up to date
Advanced animations is on
Panel trans is slightly on, was off.
Have tried starting according to page 53, no go.
With no fuel pump running , or gauges registering there is no power except to the starter.
None of the Shift + numbers work, I only get a flash. All work on other Aircraft
What do you make of the Error code that I have?
Have just received the Disc and loaded it.
You mentioned Accu sim, do I get to it when flying an Aircraft?
John

jerseyheys
Airman

Post by jerseyheys »

Have just noticed , the Port flap is down, and there is no power to the flaps. Lack of electrical power must featureJohn

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

jerseyheys wrote:Have just noticed , the Port flap is down, and there is no power to the flaps. Lack of electrical power must featureJohn
Only the PORT flap? Not both flaps? That sounds strange. Have you ever tried to completely uninstall and re-install the A/C?
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

jerseyheys
Airman

Post by jerseyheys »

Yes, only the Port flap!! really weird. I have delete and downloaded and installed, now that I have the disc I have deleted and will try with the disc, if you have an e-mail address I could send you the error page as it exists.

If this reinstallation fails and you can not fathom the error message I think I will have to call it a day and stick to the origional172 which is very good, as I have spent hours with the present problem and accept the cost. It must be a pain for you too, and I do appreciate all your time, so will let you know how it goes shortly.

John

jerseyheys
Airman

Post by jerseyheys »

Have just tried, no change and the same error notice is there, what do you think? the error notice is telling us something is wrong!!

John

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”