Brakes again!!!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
aob9
Airman

Re: Brakes again!!!

Post by aob9 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Anthony,

Whilst we look at what might be happening, Has anyone raised this with the FSUIPC chaps?

If it's working in FSX just fine as it should then it might be a setting they can add too.

Thanks,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis, I have started a thread on Pete's Modules support page on Simflight.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/76034- ... a2as-c172/
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

aob9
Airman

Post by aob9 »

UPDATE! Pete informed me he didn't support older versions of FSUIPC ( mine was version 4.742 ). So I downloaded the latest version and reconfigured my axes again. By applying the the "Threshold from 75 to 0 fix" found elsewhere I am glad to say I have finally resolved the problem.

Silly me for not using the latest version of FSUIPC.
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad to see you got it sorted. It's always the little things that catch us out the most :)

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

Glad you got it sorted through FSUIPC. For an alternative method, or for future reference, I thought I'd add this.

The Saitek toe brakes for some reason act up at times. This can go without symptoms in one simulator but cause severe issues in another. The effect must somehow be dependant upon how you implement the joystick interface. In DCS, it caused locking of brake axes and in FSX Accu-Sim aircraft I sorted an issue similar to what the original poster was seeing using this method - but I believe the default aircraft brakes were working fine. I have not been able to nail down what causes it to appear, but over the last year or two I think I've had to perform this fix three or four times.

Copied from a post by myself on another forum:

1) Unplug pedals

2) Open the registry editor (all the usual warnings apply - don't go mucking about as you can break your windows installation)

3) Find the key VID _06A3&PID_0763, search for it or look under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput

The path may depend on your windows version so a search is probably your best bet.

(For Saitek Combat Pedals, the key is probably VID _06A3&PID_0764)

4) Delete that key

5) Plug pedals back in and depress them fully a couple of times

6) You should be good to go.

Cheers,
/Fred
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

aob9
Airman

Post by aob9 »

Great tip, thanks for that. It would be great to know the keys for individual items such as yoke, throttle quadrant etc. as they all act up at times. One of the axes on the throttle quadrant thinks it's a switch, I bet your solution might just fix that.
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

fleahead
Airman

Post by fleahead »

In the FSUIPC4.ini, located in the fsx modules folder, under the [General] section. Look for BrakeReleaseThreshold. Make sure it says =0. That fixed the problem for me.
Fleahead
Ohio
MSFS
i7-12700 - RTX4080 - Pimax Crystal

vbazillio
Airman First Class

Post by vbazillio »

fleahead wrote:In the FSUIPC4.ini, located in the fsx modules folder, under the [General] section. Look for BrakeReleaseThreshold. Make sure it says =0. That fixed the problem for me.
Wonderfull tips ! Works like a charm for me (on P3Dv2) and so simple to implement.

Thank you very much !

jonnieb57
Airman

Post by jonnieb57 »

:x Here I am again in another thread.

I have uploaded the newest FSUIPC, re-calibrated my pedals, set everything as shown/described for the sliders all towards the middle and still......

My plane will not move, even under full throttle. The pedals move in and out on screen, but the brake movement is basically missing on screen. When one pedal is pressed in fully and I apply brakes, the pedal jerks very slightly and that is all.

This is a very unsatisfactory condition for my newly purchased plane, bought to assist me in real-world flight training. I hope you find a fix quickly before I have to ask for my money back. Considering the amazing quality of your other products that I use, this would really be a shame.
:a2awhite: MSFS, waiting to list my new A2A aircraft here!

aob9
Airman

Post by aob9 »

Have ticked "reverse" on the FSUIPC calibration page?
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

aob9 wrote:I have checked many FAQ's and posts and I cannot see a resolution to my toe brakes problem with the C172. I have the Saitek Rudder pedals, yoke and throttles configured through FSUIPC and use the same axes settings for all my GA aircraft including the C172. i.e I don't use profiles.

Although I find most of the axes much more "jumpy" on the C172 ( expected due to realism )than other aircraft I have a major problem with the toe brakes. They simply don't engage when I push both together. Differential braking is fine, when I hold down left or right the "Differential brakes" banner comes on and stays on as long as the pedal is depressed and I can taxi and turn with no problems. However when I engage both toe brakes together I get a quick "flash" of the "brakes" banner and braking is completely ineffective. I am running off the end of runways on landing because I cannot stop the plane.

Can anyone please throw any light on this? I have 1.03 installed.

Regards
Anthony
I have the opposite problem - differential braking is useless, but braking together seems to stop the aircraft.

This behavior started for me after 1.6 Core Update. Original files in the 172 base installer are dated Aug 2013, and everything is fine there.

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you calibrated your brakes Robin?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Just did tests in both FSX and P3DV2.0. Same C172, same passengers, same airport and location. Differential braking works just fine in both sims. Full braking will smoke the tires. Also, either using full brake pedals or the parking brake, the plane did not move at full run-up RPM.

No differential braking issues on my setup.

(I also posted this on the other braking thread)
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Eric Bakker
Airman First Class

Post by Eric Bakker »

fleahead wrote:In the FSUIPC4.ini, located in the fsx modules folder, under the [General] section.
Look for BrakeReleaseThreshold.
Make sure it says =0.
That fixed the problem for me.
I had the same problem with the brakes, using my Saitek rudder pedals, with P3Dv2.1.
Thank you for this workaround, if fixed my problem with the C172 braking too!
The only downside is that releasing the parking brake by pressing both pedals does not work anymore.
Bonanza - T6 Texan - Constellation - PA-24 Comanche - PA-28 Cherokee - C182 Skylane - C172 Trainer - Spitfire - Accu-Feel
| [email protected] | RTX2080ti-11Gb | Win10

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”