Brakes again!!!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
aob9
Airman

Brakes again!!!

Post by aob9 »

I have checked many FAQ's and posts and I cannot see a resolution to my toe brakes problem with the C172. I have the Saitek Rudder pedals, yoke and throttles configured through FSUIPC and use the same axes settings for all my GA aircraft including the C172. i.e I don't use profiles.

Although I find most of the axes much more "jumpy" on the C172 ( expected due to realism )than other aircraft I have a major problem with the toe brakes. They simply don't engage when I push both together. Differential braking is fine, when I hold down left or right the "Differential brakes" banner comes on and stays on as long as the pedal is depressed and I can taxi and turn with no problems. However when I engage both toe brakes together I get a quick "flash" of the "brakes" banner and braking is completely ineffective. I am running off the end of runways on landing because I cannot stop the plane.

Can anyone please throw any light on this? I have 1.03 installed.

Regards
Anthony
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Re: Brakes again!!!

Post by Welsch »

I think there is a fix for this described in the troubleshooting FAQ, something about a line in the FSUIPC config...

vbazillio
Airman First Class

Post by vbazillio »

I have the same issue as Anthony,

All my Saitek (rudder, joystick and throttle) and managed by FSUIPC as well and toe brakes work fine except when both are pressed
Welsch wrote:I think there is a fix for this described in the troubleshooting FAQ, something about a line in the FSUIPC config...
I only find this http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... ke#p287151 which seems much more related to Parking Brake releases or not

aob9
Airman

Post by aob9 »

Welsch wrote:I think there is a fix for this described in the troubleshooting FAQ, something about a line in the FSUIPC config...
I think I know what you are referring to but it doesn't fix this issue. If I remember correctly it's to do with adjusting the brake threshold to 0 from 75 in the FSUIPC .ini file.
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you tried going via FSX? Do you use SPAD?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

aob9
Airman

Post by aob9 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Have you tried going via FSX? Do you use SPAD?

Thanks,
Lewis

Hi Lewis,

I don't use SPAD but the brakes work fine in FSX when following FSX specific "fixes". I much prefer FSUIPC because I've always had problems with FSX "forgetting" axes configurations on my aircraft. This is why I originally purchased FSUIPC. It really would be a shame to have to go backwards to fix this tiny issue ( with large consequences).
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I have a Saitek X-52 Pro and I had a simular problem with it and found that if you go into the manual setup for the Joystick you will find sliders for the brakes, one for left and right, and one for both. I had found that the slider had to be moved all the way to the right to have the brakes stay on when pushed, otherwise when you use them you just jet the short flash of brakes as you described. I am guessing that this is the same setup for the rudder controled brake system.

Hope this helps.

Tug :)

vbazillio
Airman First Class

Post by vbazillio »

Thanks to all for your help.

Lewis - A2A wrote:Do you use SPAD?
Does SPAD managed rudder pedals ?
Spad is a replacement driver for the Saitek Pro-Flight Radio, Multi and Switch panel.
Source : http://fstools.weebly.com/

I finally succeed managing all my devices via FSUIPC (and share the Anthony's point of view) and won't get back except no other solution arise.
Tug002 wrote:I have a Saitek X-52 Pro and I had a simular problem with it and found that if you go into the manual setup for the Joystick you will find sliders for the brakes, one for left and right, and one for both.
What do you mean by "manual setup" ? At the Windows drivers level ? I looked and left and right toe are strictly separate (Saitek drivers version 6.0.8.1).

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

By manual set up I mean that you start FSX and go to Settings then Controls then buttons/keys. scroll down until you find brakes. brakes left, brakes right and brakes apply and release sliders should be all the way to the right. This is the way I have mine set up and it works fine. but as I say I am using a joy stick and not rudder pedals but i feel it should be the same on both. I hope this helps you out.

aob9
Airman

Post by aob9 »

Okay I deleted my FSUIPC.ini file and started all over again by reassigning all axes.
But still I have this problem with my brakes ONLY on the A2A C172, all other aircraft respond correctly to my toe brakes. I have tried all sorts of tweaks and adjustments in the calibration section of FSUIPC to no avail.
For now I have assigned a button on my Saitek yoke to brakes but this is hardly a "real" fix given that my toe brakes should work.

I would really like to know if A2A have any input on this issue as it seems I am not the only one with this "random" problem.
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

lephilb
Airman

Post by lephilb »

I confirm that I had from time to time the same phenomenon.

And indeed having a knob for breaking is a not funny workaround

Hope someone can help us

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Not having the Saitek stuff or FSUIPC I've raised this with the team. However please can you confirm this works ok when NOT using FSUIPC?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I was at the Saitek web site yesterday and noticed updates for some of thier products as of Jan 09 2014. they may have an update for your rudder pedals. I didnt noticeif there was one for you. Might be worth a look.

aob9
Airman

Post by aob9 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Not having the Saitek stuff or FSUIPC I've raised this with the team. However please can you confirm this works ok when NOT using FSUIPC?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Hi Lewis,

Following the "tips" for FSX found in this forum the toe brakes work when using FSX to control the axis.

Thanks for taking this on.

If you require any info (.cfg's etc, ) let me know.

Anthony
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Anthony,

Whilst we look at what might be happening, Has anyone raised this with the FSUIPC chaps?

If it's working in FSX just fine as it should then it might be a setting they can add too.

Thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”