DME not working: P3D 2.0 problem?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
J van E
Staff Sergeant

DME not working: P3D 2.0 problem?

Post by J van E »

I know P3D 2.0 isn't supported but a lot of people reported the A2A C172 works fine in it. Right now I am flying my first VOR only flight and I noticed the DME isn't working. Well, I can turn it on but it's only showing dashes. I tried various frequencies and yes, I've tuned into VORs that have a DME, but whatever I do, I get no information! I was wondering of there are others who are using the C172 in P3D 2.0 if their DME is working...?

mike2060
Airman

Re: DME not working: P3D 2.0 problem?

Post by mike2060 »

There are already 2 posts on this. The DME is borked for FSX as well. Mine has ceased functioning all together.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

With all due respect gentlemen, but that is not true :D ! I regularly use P3D V2 and I can use the DME within the same specs as for FSX. Just be aware that P3D uses a similarly outdated database as FSX does. And furthermore be also aware that within FSX you can only tune a navaid (no matter what kind) which is included in either the standard scenery's BGLs or defined in an AddOn. You might want to update your FSX and P3D BGLs with this helpful tool: http://aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

But to make it clear: there is no such thing like being "borked" at all 8) I can confirm normal operation within P3D V2.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

lonewulf47 wrote:But to make it clear: there is no such thing like being "borked" at all 8) I can confirm normal operation within P3D V2.
+1 so far as FSX is concerned. Suggesting that A2A have released something that is "borked" (whatever that means) is absolute nonsense! Everything is working very satisfactorily in the 172 on my system.
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

lonewulf47 wrote:With all due respect gentlemen, but that is not true :D !
How can something not be true if at least a few people have this problem...? It is true for me and also for mike2060. The fact that you don't have any problems with it, doesn't mean no one should or could have problems with it.

Anyway, I will first delete my saved states and if that doesn't help I will do a complete reinstall. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT
I am very happy to say that a complete uninstall and reinstall solved the problem. The DME now works again as just I was used to in FSX! (Removing the saved states alone didn't help.) No idea what causes this but I'm glad it's working for now! Obviously I can find my destination even without a DME but it's simply a bit easier when you can check the distances. :wink:

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

For me (in FSX) the DME works sometimes but doesn't work other times on the same DME with the A2A C172. I've tried changing to the default C172 while still in the flight and the DME works, then change back to the A2A C172 while still in the flight and the DME doesn't work again. Other times it has worked fine with the A2A C172. Just because it works OK for some, that does not necessarily mean it is not an A2A problem. For those that are seeing this it would be good to have a solution.

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

J van E wrote:I know P3D 2.0 isn't supported but a lot of people reported the A2A C172 works fine in it. Right now I am flying my first VOR only flight and I noticed the DME isn't working. Well, I can turn it on but it's only showing dashes. I tried various frequencies and yes, I've tuned into VORs that have a DME, but whatever I do, I get no information! I was wondering of there are others who are using the C172 in P3D 2.0 if their DME is working...?
not sure if you are having this issue 'Not hearing DME (morse) ident' but there is a known DME bug in P3d v2.0 that should be fixed in an upcoming patch.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=4373

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

BUMMER! As I posted the DME worked after a reinstall yesterday. Today I started a new flight and it's broken again. Shoot. What a shame. I don't feel like reinstalling the plane everyday, of course... Hopefully this will get fixed sometime because in the meantime I also read other questions about this which proves this defenitely IS a problem and not 'not true'.

mike2060
Airman

Post by mike2060 »

My DME got progressively worse to the point it doesn't work at all now.

mike2060
Airman

Post by mike2060 »

lonewulf47 wrote:With all due respect gentlemen, but that is not true :D ! I regularly use P3D V2 and I can use the DME within the same specs as for FSX. Just be aware that P3D uses a similarly outdated database as FSX does. And furthermore be also aware that within FSX you can only tune a navaid (no matter what kind) which is included in either the standard scenery's BGLs or defined in an AddOn. You might want to update your FSX and P3D BGLs with this helpful tool: http://aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

But to make it clear: there is no such thing like being "borked" at all 8) I can confirm normal operation within P3D V2.
So I guess we are just lying then?

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

mike2060 wrote:So I guess we are just lying then?
Not at all, but you are judging something from your personal point of view using your personal computer with your personal setup and who knows how many and what kind of add-Ons. For troubleshooting it is not really helpful to read such statements like something being "borked" without any significant explication about the what's and whereabouts of the malfunction and a clear system description which may or may not give a hint or at least point to a certain direction. Does this sound more reasonable :lol: ?
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”