Engine Heater Cables Visible in Flight

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
BernieS
Airman Basic

Engine Heater Cables Visible in Flight

Post by BernieS »

It's probably not the most urgent item on the Dev's list at the moment but still:

Was flying around earlier when I noticed some strange lines which appeared to be sticking out of the side of the 172. Panned around a bit, & sure enough, they appeared to be sticking out of the side of the cowling, then going some distance in a straight line. It was obviously something to do with the aircraft - but what?

Looked through everything that I could think of, & discovered that I still had the engine heater engaged. Turned it off, & the lines disappeared!

Just a wee bugette, but I thought that you'd like to know about it anyway ... ... ...

Keep up the good - no - excellent work!!

:D

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Re: Engine Heater Cables Visible in Flight

Post by GrahamP »

Yes, I've noticed that as well.

I've added "Engine heater - check disconnected" to my pre-flight checklist.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Shame on both of you..... You need to go to Shift 3 and UNPLUG your heater if you have plugged it in earlier (which apparently you did). Having worked for a gasoline pump manufacturer, you would be amazed how many times people drive off with the nozzle still in their tank, hose dragging behind. So, don't feel too bad.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

I feel better when I'm not getting a bollocking. I think it's clear from our posts that we both knew what we should have done.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”