nothing works

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
mike4370
Senior Airman

nothing works

Post by mike4370 »

I just bought the c172 trainer and nothing works, no sounds, my Saitek controller does not work, I cant find how to do the preflight... nothing. waste of 50 dollars!!! help!!!

N6722c
Staff Sergeant

Re: nothing works

Post by N6722c »

mike4370 wrote:I just bought the c172 trainer and nothing works, no sounds, my Saitek controller does not work, I cant find how to do the preflight... nothing. waste of 50 dollars!!! help!!!
I'd try to help you, but with the information you have given, I would not have any idea where to start.
( Thank God I am not employed in Tech Support !)

I guess, #1 .. try finding the Manual, and then maybe reading it. ?
Geoff

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

yeah great advice if there was a manual or any decent tech support, I would love to read it. if you could tell me where to find it cause I sure as hell cant

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Manual is located under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations along with other bits and pieces just as any other software for Windows. For tech support we have these open forums here with the development team + great community to help you out.

General FAQ;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35640

1.03 Test update with new features, some bug fixes, tweaks and what not;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=36710

Controller FAQ for calibration;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35896

Avionics info and manuals;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=35579

Auto pilot FAQ;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35837

If you can provide some further information to your issue, your PC config, your FSX installation For example updated to SP2 standard?) we can much better help you get up and flying.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

my pc config exceeds the minimum requirements to run FSX and the a2a Cessna, the installation was apparently successful and proper so why would my Saitek control yoke not work and why wont any of the preflight windows open and when I turn on the master switch and then the avionics swith, I don't see the avionics panel light up, there are no sounds. its a mess! I really would like to actually talk to someone who knows how to fix these issues and not just here on a forum.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Is your FSX updated to the required minimum specs of FSX Service Pack 2 or Acceleration Expansion Pack?

Did you look through the manual for the correct settings in within FSX and also the General FAQ i linked so you can get the basics sorted, before we tackle the Saitek controller that will probably require calibration and mapping.

Thanks,
Lewis

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

yes it is and yes I did

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

the control yoke works fine with all the other aircraft in my FSX

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

The shift-2, shift-3, shift-4 etc keys are how you bring up the various pop-ups. For example shift-8 is the pre-flight window.

Do these work for you? If not you may have previously un-assigned those keys in FSX, and you'd have to re-assign them so you can use them.

As for the controls not moving, did you remove the controls lock?

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

I tried the shift 2, shift 3 etc.... all that happens is a quick flash of what looks like is probably the pop up windows. as for the control lock, its in the map pocket and clicking on it does nothing. none of my control yoke inputs work, not the throttle nor the mixture control

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

From the general troubleshooting FAQ thread posted earlier runt he sim connect installer. Remember to run as admin (right click select run as admin) and also restart your system after the installation. It sounds like your FSX is corrupt or SP2/Acceleration isn't installed correctly. This can normally be easily reinstalled with a reinstall of the service packs of the acceleration pack. However give the sim-connect reinstall a go first.

thanks,
Lewis

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

got it working, now the only thing that I cant do is when I tune to a VOR, I cant identify it by pulling the ident knob. I can scroll on it and the mouse pointer turns into a hand, but clicking on it doesn't do anything and if I click on the control wheel lock, it doesn't go into the control wheel.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

mike4370 wrote:got it working, now the only thing that I cant do is when I tune to a VOR, I cant identify it by pulling the ident knob. I can scroll on it and the mouse pointer turns into a hand, but clicking on it doesn't do anything and if I click on the control wheel lock, it doesn't go into the control wheel.

You have to 'pull' the IDENT button on the NAV radios and ALSO select the NAV radio audio on the audio control panel.

Paul

Brett_Henderson
Senior Airman

Post by Brett_Henderson »

I believe the idents require a right-click... and you have to push the yoke well forward while clicking the control lock...

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

well everything seems to be working now, I thought this was a big waste of money but now that I sort of know how to get around this, its actually really good. I stand corrected, thanks for the help.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”