Shift + Number keys do not work

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Shift + Number keys do not work

Post by Al FR-153 »

Suddenly, after the installation of the new 1.5.2 Accu-Sim Core Update, I cannot see Shift # drop-downs for any of my A2A aircraft, however they do work in other non-A2A aircraft (i.e. compass, fuel panels, GPS units, etc.) What is seen in lieu of the Maintenance Hangar or other C172 drop-downs is a quick flash (maybe a half second) of the Fight Sim X opening splash screen. I have checked to ensure that the Shift + Numbers keys are still active in the FSX Options / Keys so it is not that.

If it helps, I am running with FSX Gold on a 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate with a Saitek X52 Pro. The mobo is a Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 with an i5 3570K, 24 GB SDRAM and 32 GB SSD cache plus 2 - 1 TB drives. Built for graphics; don't think it is a system problem.

I am at a loss, looking for help. Cannot do pre-flights, maintenance, fueling, etc.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Shift + Number keys do not work

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you tried a reinstall of Sim-connect from the FAQ?

It sounds like a co-incidence that this has ccured when you installed the core update. The symptoms you have described in particular with the fsx splash screen flash point to a sim-connect error. Normally this can be easily fixed with the sim-connect reinstall. Also remember to restart your system after the install. Always worth a restart for trouble free installations.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Hi Lewis.... Ran SimConnect Installation yet again, complete with another reboot.... No Joy. In fact, no joy in the Cubby, the P-51 or the C172. Staying within the organization, tested the Shift + Number Keys of the P-40 and the F4U-1D (non Accu-Sim models) and all is fine there. Agree that it appears to be a SimConnect issue, can see from the Panel Config file where the pointer is, verified the screens are there and valid, but cannot yet get them to work. Still see the momentary FSX Splash screen. Then the second, third, forth time....nothing. For what it is worth, re-selecting the aircraft allows you another momentary vision of the splash screen. I'm digging here. If you have any ideas, please pass them along.

Thanks.
Al Heline

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Are you running Dx10 mode or dx9 have you tried switching to dx9 if in dx10?

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Hi Lewis.... Standard Windows 7 is DX11 and I don't think you can even back into DX9c as it tells you that the DirectX installed is more current.

I have just finished doing another FSX and Acceleration REPAIR, reloaded C172 and AccuSim Core 1.5.2. I have patched panel.cfg for the 530 only GPS and about to do another reboot. This time, I am going to do a power down to create a POR (Power On Reset) just in case there is something funky sitting out there. Wish me some luck.... :)
Al Heline

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

B I N G O ! ! !

Now, which one did it, I can not tell you. I had reloaded the aircraft several times, Core several times, FSX and Acceleration FULL reloads at least twice plus two REPAIRS. Cannot tell you how many reboots were done....numerous. I can only say that this time it was a reload of the bird, core, FSX, Accel, patches and a COLD BOOT. By Cold Boot, I do mean a full system shutdown and cold start. I can only guess, and this is with over 45 years of computer maintenance, that the cold boot reset something that a normal roboot does not. That BTW is not abnormal. A cold boot (POR - power on reset) does things that a normal warm boot (restart) doesn't even look at. Having read other issues of this nature, that would be my recommendation to them..... Reload everything, then power down.

Thank you for your help, and I hope this thread will help others.

Al
Al Heline

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

With my years of tech support for PC's ill bet it was the FSX reinstall and power down for correct dll registration and all the rest of it that did it. FSX can give hours of entertainment but be a cruel mistress!.... shame that its a pattern with all computer software lol :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”