Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
medx421
Airman First Class

Re: Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post by medx421 »

Took a little getting used to the setup, but all is working now. Important to follow the note about creating an individual profile, or else use with other aircraft will suffer. Thank you all for the tips. I also like some of the other features that SPAD has to offer and I will be exploring these down the road.

Nick

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

Hi all. I haven't purchased this one yet.

I would like to know simply if by using SPAD I would be able to use all the switches and knobs of these panels ????

1) Saitek Multi-Panel - particularly trimming and flaps (does the A2A one come with auto pilot? - I would love that)
2) Saitek Switch Panel - all
3) Saitek Instument Panel - not for RPM (which I have read will not work) but just altitude, air speed, direction and turn co-ordinator.

If so wow that would be huge.

medx421
Airman First Class

Post by medx421 »

Shousa wrote:Hi all. I haven't purchased this one yet.

I would like to know simply if by using SPAD I would be able to use all the switches and knobs of these panels ????

1) Saitek Multi-Panel - particularly trimming and flaps (does the A2A one come with auto pilot? - I would love that)
2) Saitek Switch Panel - all
3) Saitek Instument Panel - not for RPM (which I have read will not work) but just altitude, air speed, direction and turn co-ordinator.

If so wow that would be huge.
Switch panel and radio panel 100% works with SPAD. Can't vouch for the others as I do not have them.

Nick

chewit
Airman First Class

Post by chewit »

Do I need the pay ware version of Fsucip or can I get away with the free version
Cheers

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

If you use the SPAD you don't have to use FSUIPC for Saitek Panel.
Michael Krawczyk

Red Baron
Senior Airman

Post by Red Baron »

Hi,
Installed SPAD, and converted my Bat/Alt switched no problems works great, but all the other switched on the panel I have to double click for them to match up with what is happening in the aircraft. With Saitek drivers they worked fine. So it seems that I either have the Bat/Alt working fine and sacrifice the rest or revert back to the orgianl system and have the Bat/Alt not working with the rest working.
“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” – John Wayne.

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

I'm running into same issue. Deleting Saitek drivers and using Spad has enabled me to now have bat and alt, but now lost avionics, fuel pump, panel, beacon and taxi switches... Is there a work around for this? Spent quite a bit of time on this and couldn't figure it out on my own.

Thanks,
Mike

Red Baron
Senior Airman

Post by Red Baron »

but now lost avionics, fuel pump, panel, beacon and taxi switches...
Hi Mike,
I have gone back to the Saitek version so at least I can use these switches again, which I will use more than the Bat/Alt.
“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” – John Wayne.

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Hi Red, looks like I'll be doing the same. Thanks for the reply. :D

Mike

jspeer1130
Airman Basic

Post by jspeer1130 »

Applied this to my simulator cockpit setup the other day and just got around to registering here today so I figured I would stop in and say thank you for sharing this information, it has helped to bring my switches back under control!

Richbro
Airman

Post by Richbro »

As a newbie to the C172 I've taken this issue up with A2A ( see Mis-clicking thread).
My feeling, wrongly as far as A2A is concerned is that, as Saitek works 100% elsewhere it is reasonable to expect it work on the C172.

Spad is a sod top get off your system.

Richard.

BiBa
Senior Airman

Post by BiBa »

some1 - A2A wrote:C172 Configurator
As I purchased P-51, I got the Configurator automatically installed with the download.

Weird thing, I've purchased C172 few days ago from FSPilotshop, but I'm missing its configurator, as I just found out it has one. Should the C172 Configurator be downloaded separately, and if so need the link.

Thanks
BigBang - WIN 7-64. Memory: 16.00 GB. CPU: 4 x 3.00 Ghz (Overclocked). Main Board: M4A79XTD EVO (ASUSTeK). Bios: 20102. Video: 2 GB RAM card. Refresh rate: 119 Hz. 3D Monitor: ASUS VG278H. TrackIR-5. SAITEK X52/Yoke/Rudder/Trim wheel

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey,

the config comes with the aircraft but there's no shortcut to it in the start menu. For the C172 you have to go directly to the C172 folder to access the config program

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BiBa
Senior Airman

Post by BiBa »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hey, the config comes with the aircraft but there's no shortcut to it in the start menu. For the C172 you have to go directly to the C172 folder to access the config program. Thanks, Lewis
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna172\Tools\C172 Input Configurator

Thanks a lot Lewis for the quick reply!
BigBang - WIN 7-64. Memory: 16.00 GB. CPU: 4 x 3.00 Ghz (Overclocked). Main Board: M4A79XTD EVO (ASUSTeK). Bios: 20102. Video: 2 GB RAM card. Refresh rate: 119 Hz. 3D Monitor: ASUS VG278H. TrackIR-5. SAITEK X52/Yoke/Rudder/Trim wheel

TarikMerryface
Airman

Post by TarikMerryface »

Thanks a lot!

My trouble now is getting the Panel Light and Strobe light switches working.

I've tried doing that whole FSUIPC virtual button thing but no go, Peter really hates Saitek (you all know why) and so that doesn't really help.

Any clues on how to sort out the lights thing?

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”