Loss of VC Clickspots [Priority Issue]

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Q_Flyer

Re: Loss of VC Clickspots [Priority Issue]

Post by Q_Flyer »

Excellent - PM sent.

:D

Zoolander64
Airman First Class

Post by Zoolander64 »

Ugh, I hate to ask this as it is probably a simple solution, but I tried to PM Scott and the message just sits in the outbox. How does one force the outbox to send?
-Todd, aka Zoolander64
Staff Member at DigitalThemePark
Connect TeamSpeak to ts3.digitalthemepark.com

Q_Flyer

Post by Q_Flyer »

Zoolander64 wrote:Ugh, I hate to ask this as it is probably a simple solution, but I tried to PM Scott and the message just sits in the outbox. How does one force the outbox to send?
You don't - it sits in the Outbox until he reads it.... that's just how the system works. When he's read it, it will be gone from your Outbox............ It basically allows you to edit or delete PMs that you have sent, as long as the person has not yet read them.

I tried the HOTFIX and as per other thread, it completely fixed the missing Clickspots.

Happy as a pig in the muck! :D

alfredo_laredo
Senior Airman

Post by alfredo_laredo »

A2A in contact with PMDG on a bug in fsx....

Nuff said...

This will be fixed
ASUS Z97-A, i7 7970K, Samsung Evo 840 256gb, GTX780, HDD 500GB, Patriot Series 5 RAM 8gb, Cooler Master M series 600W, Windows 7 64

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

After having a lot of trouble initially with these missing clickspots, I'm now trying really hard to reproduce them ... and can't!

I've tried toggling everything I can think of - and have done the Shift-8 walkaround a few times - still no problem. I don't think I've changed anything else in my setup.

Whilst we're on the pre-flight walkaround - I've noticed that I once got to "waggle" the various control surfaces, but they now refuse to budge. This is for tail/elevators and wing/flaps. Could this be related in some way?

Adam.

FSX SP2/Acceleration : OPUS/DHM/LWE enabled
--
Image--Image

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Adam_NZ wrote:
Whilst we're on the pre-flight walkaround - I've noticed that I once got to "waggle" the various control surfaces, but they now refuse to budge. This is for tail/elevators and wing/flaps. Could this be related in some way?
Keep in mind that you are not checking the elevator, but the trim tab. For flaps, they must be down in order to test them. In order to check both you must hold the icon down, not just simply click on it. I hope this helps mate. If not let us know in anther post. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

CodyValkyrie wrote:
Adam_NZ wrote:
Keep in mind that you are not checking the elevator, but the trim tab. For flaps, they must be down in order to test them. In order to check both you must hold the icon down, not just simply click on it. I hope this helps mate. If not let us know in anther post. :)
Aaah ... that explains it! They wiggle happily now!

As to the clickspots. On further testing, I found the I *could* reproduce the problem after all - by clicking on the GNS400 to pop up a window, fiddling with the GPS zoom levels a bit, then closing it. All clickspots became inactive, but were brought back to life by cycling windowed mode to and fro a few times. Go figure!

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Q_Flyer

Post by Q_Flyer »

Guys don't worry about the 'clickspot disappearing' issue ....... they have nailed it (with PMDG's help).

It is a Model (.mdl) related issue.

The HOTFIX that Scott gave out to some of us, fixes it. :D

I've noticed the Hotfix has not been formally released yet, so don't know if Scott is still giving it out by PM.... but if you haven't had it yet, and you're seeing the problem (even rarely) you should drop him a PM! 8)

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Are any of you running GSX? I got an automatic update yesterday, and when I restarted couatl, my click spots were gone. Had to restart the sim to get them back, but haven't lost them otherwise.

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

It doesn't look like any outside programme causing the problem.

It is more like the C172 reacts when certain external things occur, maybe using the menus or pop-up windows...

Maybe you should PM Scott for the hotfix...

I have...

A
Andrew
i9 9900K @ 4.8GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), Gigabyte Aorus Master with 32 Gb RAM
Aorus Master RTX3090, Win10Pro / MSFS

synapse
Airman Basic

Post by synapse »

hello, any updates on when this fix will be made available to the public? :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

synapse wrote:hello, any updates on when this fix will be made available to the public? :)
Hello,

check your PM's

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

I realize a fix is in the works but here's my input:

Win 7 64 Pro, FSX with Acceleration.
Single monitor, no add-on camera or weather utilities.

1st flight, I didn't see this problem.

2nd flight today - no problem during preflight, engine start, taxi, runup or takeoff. I was in No GPS mode.

Once at altitude, I engaged the autopilot using ALT and NAV (1st time using autopilot). Then I started seeing intermittent disappearing click spots. No hand cursor showing over the normally clickable spots. I was using A and Shift A to change views and changed to window mode and back to full screen just after engine start.

Click spots seemed to come back on there own after a minute or so. I couldn't correlate with view changes or anything else. This happened 4 or 5 times during about 30 minutes of flight time.

Looking forward to the fix.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I've still only seen the issue that one time, after an update of GSX.

Amengol
Airman Basic

Post by Amengol »

Having the same issue as well!

Could any good soul send me the fix? Thks

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”