Loss of VC Clickspots [Priority Issue]

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Chris Strobel
Airman

Re: Loss of VC Clickspots

Post by Chris Strobel »

Scott - A2A wrote:Kloud, PM Lewis or me if you need assistance with that. Scott.
This is Kloud. Had to register a new account as I cant login from my computer for some reason. How do I PM you guys? I don't see a PM button. Getting very frustrated.

Chris 'KloudKruiser' Strobel

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Right under Scott's post on the left hand side there are two buttons. One says "profile" and allows you to view the user's profile, and the other one says "PM" and allows you to send a PM (Private Message). Just click the one that says "PM" and you are all set. Good luck.

Joe
Joe

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

Usually ALT ENTER does it for me. ALT ENTER out ALT ENTER in sometimes a couple of times and Im golden.

not sure why it does it.

JDW

Villan
Airman Basic

Post by Villan »

Dual monitor, Monitor 1 is for windows and 2nd is FSX in window mode.
When mine stopped working it was all screens the mouse was sitting on top and could be moved around.
Track IR5 running, Opus off.

Darryl

WIn7 64bit i7 4770K

flemingozilla
Airman Basic

Re: Loss of VC Clickspots [Priority Issue]

Post by flemingozilla »

I can confirm that the issue happens sometimes on a single screen going from windowed to full-screen (or vise-versa) via alt+enter. Mods are REX, FTX Global, GSX. System specs are:

Windows 7 Pro. x64
Intel i7-3820 (Hyper-Threading is off)
16GB Ram
AMD HD7870

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:Just closing won't always return focus, which is why Oskar mentioned briefly switching to windowed mode and back. You could also try right clicking the window and just dismiss the menu.
I've had this problem too - and nothing other than an FSX restart cures it. Going in windowed/full screen, to Win7 desktop and back, resetting the aircraft, moving viewpoints ... you name it ... nothing brings them back to life.

I'm aware of the viewpoint backwards/forwards issue as well - and that doesn't cure it either. Next time it happens I'll put up some detailed info here.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

alfredo_laredo
Senior Airman

Post by alfredo_laredo »

I just use One Monitor
Connected via HDMI

Dont use Ezdok

But I use Opus (with views disabled, only for WX)
and LINDA.

For me, starts to happen when I ALT-TAB to look other windows. and then return.. sometimes, alt tab back again fixes it.. sometimes random clicks and secundary clicks fix it

This use to happen with the LOTUS Albatros, and not with any other.
I have from you P47D and B17.. and not a single issue
Also a few carenado and PMDG.. not issues at all
ASUS Z97-A, i7 7970K, Samsung Evo 840 256gb, GTX780, HDD 500GB, Patriot Series 5 RAM 8gb, Cooler Master M series 600W, Windows 7 64

kiwikat
Senior Airman

Post by kiwikat »

I've got a dual monitor setup but almost always have the second one turned off for FS since I fly fullscreen.

PC Specs: Q9550 @ 3.6 GHz (yeah its getting old), 8 GB DDR2 @ 1066 MHz, GTX 660 Ti 2 GB GDDR5, FSX on separate SSD, ACER 27" LED 1920 x 1080 (Mon 1), Samsung 22" LCD 1680 x 1050 (Mon 2), Track IR

OS/Security/FS: Win 7 64-bit Pro (up to date), Microsoft Security Essentials, FSX-A (DX9)

Environment Addons: FTX Global, Opus FSX Weather, REX (textures only), UTX, FS Genesis Mesh

As far as I can tell, landing light position doesn't consistently have any impact, nor does the ATC window. I do find it happens more often when RXP configurations are selected. That might have something to do with why it also happens for me in the L-39 (by far the worst offender) and Civilian P-51. However, it never happens with Carenado aircraft w/RXP integration, so I don't know. I don't recall having the issue in other complex aircraft such as the PMDG NGX, most other Accusim planes, or the VRS F-18.

m1schultz
Airman Basic

Post by m1schultz »

Same deal for me tonight. Fresh install of FSX + Acceleration a month ago onto a designated SSD with no tweaks. Only a handful of addon software (Carenado, Aerosoft, A2A) has been installed. Preflight, taxi and takeoff went well. Upon reaching cruising altitude, it started acting up. TRACKIR and ATC were being used. Disabled TRACKIR and still had no luck. Technically, I'm working with 2 monitors, but one of them is a Wacom tablet that is off a majority of the time. Going from windowed mode back to fullscreen didn't cut it either. It's really weird because when I purchased it last night, I had no problems going around the pattern. I was even able to taxi back and shut her down for the night. Silly question, but could it be a glitch in Accusim's "wear and tear" system on the aircraft? I don't know a thing about coding and programming so feel free to enlighten me.

Btw, first time post for me. Absolutely love your work, Scott. This latest addition to the fleet brought me back to my Private student days. Really looking forward to the Cherokee. I'm sure you guys will find the source and get us all airborne again. Big thanks to you and your awesome team. :)
Asus X58 Sabertooth; Intel i7 960 OC'd to 4.0; 2 x EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti; 2 x Intel SSD 520 Series 180 GB; Windows 7 64 Bit; CORSAIR Vengeance 12GB (3 x 4GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600; CORSAIR AXi AX860i 860W

Nyxx
Airman

Post by Nyxx »

I also lose click spots, this is the only aircraft Ive ever seen it happen and please Bruce don't dismiss it as a "quirk" of windows thing please.
Yes I use dual monitors W7 64.

I have to say unlike every A2A product I have bought, I have never seen any problems on release worth talking about.

This however as been a big let down, first the reality XP, making fsx crash every time, so in the end I un-installed my reality XP just to get the 172/fsx to not crash, I see there is a work around but still very unlike A2A.

But this click spot is a show stopper. To have no beta testers not have found this is again very un A2A.

Very disappointing I have to say. I just hope you can sort it out.

Sorry.

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

I have had this intermittently. It has been impossible so far to determine what actually leads to it. I have only used the rxp430-enabled version so far.
I have never seen this loss of VC interaction on any addon before, including the Lotus L39 interestingly enough.

I have OPUS injecting weather and I use the dynamic head movement system (DHM).

One second, I can use all the clickspots, the next, nothing...

ALT-TABbing out of FSX and changing to the OPUS window and then going back into FSX can restore them, but not always first time...

This, as well as the brakes issue with pedals, and also the problem I have had with trying to land with 4 people (nose lifts on power to idle just before touchdown) are stopping my show...

A
Andrew
i9 9900K @ 4.8GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), Gigabyte Aorus Master with 32 Gb RAM
Aorus Master RTX3090, Win10Pro / MSFS

realtrance
Airman First Class

Post by realtrance »

This sounds real, sorry if I sounded dismissive of it; I've been used to maddening "focus mystery" issues in Windows for years.

It will help, I know, if someone can provide an absolutely detailed step-by-step to reproduce; the more info, the faster it will be for QA and the devs to repro the issue.

I'm having just the opposite problem (mouse works....keyboard doesn't, intermittently! <g>) on a recent release from another company; I'm sure these things will be sorted, just do the best you can to help get to a fix in the meanwhile.

Steve

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey guys just so everyone knows;

Scott wrote;
"I just wanted to post an update here.

This mysterious loss of clickable spots in the VC is not something that we can reproduce, which makes finding the issue very hard. However, one of our people came across a post on the PMDG website explaining how they were plagued by this issue for several days, but found a fix. We are working our tails off around the clock to find this out now, and have also put a message out to PMDG to see if they had the same issue. Regardless, this issue will be found and fixed., Our entire team is working on this."
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Q_Flyer

Post by Q_Flyer »

The problem is so prevalent and regular for me, that it's hard to describe specific actions and scenarios where it takes place.

In short; Load FSX (with a MS standard default flight as standard).... choose A2A C172 from aircraft selection (I have tried all 3 variants), choose location, time, etc, launch new flight .....

Flight loads and I am in the VC.... Clickspots work (I check battery switches, lights, etc), I open Shift+8 and do the pre-flight checks. I press Shift+8 to close the preflight, and all clickspots are gone.... I have usually lost them within 3 mins of loading the aircraft.

I have tried not bringing up the Preflight window (or any other window) and still clickspots disappear before I am in the air. Once they disappear I have tried toggling into Window mode and back (no good), and also have tried resetting views, zooming in/out, re-loading the aircraft, and a whole host of other things, but nothing will bring the click spots back.... only restarting FSX.

I am on i7 2600k 3.4Ghz, AMD 7850 2GB card, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Win 7 64bit OS, single 26" monitor, TrackIR, and Opus Cameras.

(I have tried the C172 with TrackIR and Opus unininstalled, and still got the same problem).

I own the L-39 that others have said they had this problem with, and have never ever had this issue. I've never had this issue with any other add-on. Very occasionally in some aircraft click spots appear to disappear but you realize that your view has moved out of range, and simply moving back closer to your screen shows that all of the clickspots are still there and working.........

This issue is different because no amount of resetting, changing, toggling or zooming your viewpoint will restore the clickspots.... with this problem the clickspots do appear to have disappeared, rather than that your momentary viewpoint has simply moved out of range.

I am using key assignments at the moment for the main cockpit operations ...... but the biggest killer at the moment is that once those clickspots are gone, I cannot operate any of the GPS devices at all in flight.. :(

Dave.
Last edited by Q_Flyer on 04 Sep 2013, 10:46, edited 2 times in total.

Nyxx
Airman

Post by Nyxx »

I perfect sum up for what I see also Dave.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”