Passengers in VC view?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JimmiG
Airman

Passengers in VC view?

Post by JimmiG »

Just wondering if the passengers are supposed to be visible in the VC view? I can see them in the exterior view but no talking passengers in the VC - was that feature unique to the Cub or am I missing something?

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Re: Passengers in VC view?

Post by Tigerclaw »

A2A have said that passengers will not be visible from the VC, but only from an external view. Maybe in a future update things may change. Same with talking passengers at this time I believe.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Yeah, for the moment the passengers are only there to simulate the weight & balance situation and so you can see your loadout in the external views.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

kaboki
Airman First Class

Post by kaboki »

I would be so awesome to be able to see the passengers in VC view, I really hope they consider adding this later(I would even pay for a passenger addon)

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

I believe the reason Scott mentioned in another forum was that the coding required for 4 passengers in VC would be a lot, possibly a significant with FPS hit. With the Cub, there was only one passenger, and you only saw the back of her head.

Perhaps down the road there could be a compromise. I know coding for 4 passengers would be excessive. One option could be as it is now, see 1 or 4 interchangeable people from external view. The other option could be only allowing the copilot passenger to be viewed from the VC. If you limited this copilot to be just Heidi, you could then also recycle her 'acting' from the Cub whereby she calls out traffic and comments on your flying skills...or lack of :D Who knows if something like that would be feasible without costing too much coding/FPS.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

kaboki
Airman First Class

Post by kaboki »

pilottj wrote: The other option could be only allowing the copilot passenger to be viewed from the VC. If you limited this copilot to be just Heidi, you could then also recycle her 'acting' from the Cub whereby she calls out traffic and comments on your flying skills...or lack of :D Who knows if something like that would be feasible without costing too much coding/FPS.
I would be pleased only having Heidi:p. This plane performs so well that I think it would be possible to add her without ruining the good performance... Please give us Heidi back in the VC :D

JimmiG
Airman

Post by JimmiG »

pilottj wrote:I believe the reason Scott mentioned in another forum was that the coding required for 4 passengers in VC would be a lot, possibly a significant with FPS hit. With the Cub, there was only one passenger, and you only saw the back of her head.
Thanks. I figured it would be something like that. Just wanted to make sure everything was installed correctly on my system 8)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”