Reality XP GNS V2 no longer works

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
18chevy4x4
Airman Basic

Reality XP GNS V2 no longer works

Post by 18chevy4x4 »

So I’m at a loss here, hopefully someone can help me out here. I am using FSX Steam, Windows 11, current A2A updates.

I was using the RXP GNS430 V2 just fine. I decided to change to the 530 for the bigger screen. I did the same process as when I installed the 430, used the C172 Configurator, to select the RXP 530, saved it. I then went into FSX:SE, used the SHIFT 3 menu to change to the 530. A blank 530 appeared as I expected. Then opened the RXP configurator and selected GNS 530 1 for both the cockpit and virtual cockpit. I still got the blank 530 in the virtual cockpit. The window for the 530 worked fine. So after messing with it, I got frustrated and tried to go back to the 430. This is where things really got interesting.

I kept getting a crash to desktop when trying to load the C172 after using the A2A configurator to switch back to the 430. So I just uninstalled and reinstalled the 172. Now when I use the A2A Configurator, SHIFT 3 and then the RXP Configurator, it’s like it’s trying to show 2 430s on top of eachother, and the zoom and buttons are off track. I’m going to attempt to include pictures taken off my phone, hopefully they work.

I never had issues before getting either GPS’s to work. They still work in all my other A2As flawlessly. Any help would be appreciated

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Reality XP GNS V2 no longer works

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

As you are using the older FSX versions, when you reinstalled did you delete the update folder and re-update sucessfully, as if you didnt delete the update folder then the updater wont detect an update is needed and youll be running an older version.

The update folder is in your root FSX folder here;
\FSX\A2A

You can delete the relevant aircraft folder within, you should see all your A2A aircraft update folders in there.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

18chevy4x4
Airman Basic

Post by 18chevy4x4 »

That did it, thank you. I wasn’t aware that folder needed to be deleted for a reinstall. I appreciate it.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear and no worries glad you are all back up and flying

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”