172 vs Bonanza in terms of fidelity / features?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
clannk
Airman Basic

172 vs Bonanza in terms of fidelity / features?

Post by clannk »

I have the Bonanza and love it.

Was thinking about getting the 172, but noticed it's quite a bit older and doesn't explicitly list some of the same addon features as the newer addons.

I did see that it's received a graphics update, which is great, but more concerned if it's received all the other Accu-Sim enhancements that the others have?

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Re: 172 vs Bonanza in terms of fidelity / features?

Post by jeepinforfun »

The Bonanza was the last release and had some new improvements such as the instruments being more interactive and this was not added to the past releases.

The C172 does have the Accu-sim touches and has been updated a bit as time went on, I have it and liked it a lot but personally I fly the C182 more as it is faster and just plain feels better in flight.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

I'm not a fan of the 172, and much prefer the Cherokee for a "trainer" type. All the other Accusim planes have the same (high) level of fidelity, and I agree with Brett that the 182 is a better choice of Cessna.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

Remember that all accusim aircraft are built on the same accusim core foundation. Stuff like tapping instrument glass is specific to an individual product, but if the core accusim gets updated, the update rolls to all products (in some cases older products might not support some new features). The basic point is that my C172 isn't the same software it was on release.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Well I think the community posts say it pretty well. Go for the one you want, you shouldn't be disappointed the core fidelity of Accu-sim is all there.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”