Looking for a good Tutorial video for A2A Cessna 172

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
andya80
Airman Basic

Looking for a good Tutorial video for A2A Cessna 172

Post by andya80 »

Hi folks,
I'm a newbie on this aircraft, and having a problem with the actual landing. It's a great plane but I know I'm doing something wrong. I can take off, climb, bank, capture the Localiser and Glide Slope ok. The problem is when I'm just over the Runway Threshold, and everything goes pear shaped. The aircraft is at the right height, 2 red and 2white PAPI lights showing,speed 60-65 kts, then I drift left or right of centre line, overcorrect with rudder, I then throttle back and land heavily. Can someone recommend a good Tutorial on You tube which may help.?
Kind regards
Andy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Looking for a good Tutorial video for A2A Cessna 172

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Andy and welcome.

You could always start with short video in this post.

I can also recommend the tutorials by 'SIM CFI'. For example, this one.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

andya80
Airman Basic

Re: Looking for a good Tutorial video for A2A Cessna 172

Post by andya80 »

Hi Nick,
Many thanks for your prompt reply, and for the links to these 2 very informative tutorials...and thanks also to the pilots who uploaded them.
I have already identified points which I will take on board, and hopefully improve my landings. Certainly a big difference to flying the PMDG 737 and 747.
Part of my 80th birthday present from my Family, is a first ever flying lesson in a Cessna 172 from EGPF. Hopefully the Covid restrictions will have been reduced sufficiently over the summer months to allow me to do some flying outwith P3Dv5.
Thank you very much.
Kind regards
Andy

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”