Hardware woes

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
EmileB
Airman Basic

Hardware woes

Post by EmileB »

I was SO looking forward to finally take to the sky in my A2A C172 trainer. Unfortunately, my first flight today confirmed that my flightsim yoke has seen better days and will throw the odd complete wobbly, causing my C172 to buck like a rodeo horse. It wasn't noticeable when flying my PMDG jets as they are on autopilot most of the time. I'd already overhauled the yoke last year but now it's time to concede defeat. A new one has been ordered but won't arrive until early March, so no flying the C172 for some time :cry:
Cheers,
Emile.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Hardware woes

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Emile,

try using a bit of dead zone to help with a technical issue, but no matter the yoke if you are man handling it you'll always have up and down in a light GA. Fly with the finger tips, small light pressure movements over arm pulls.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

EmileB
Airman Basic

Re: Hardware woes

Post by EmileB »

Thanks Lewis, yes I am aware of the need for light touch on the controls but nevertheless the yoke needs to be replaced. It's not just a little flutter that could be addressed with null zone adjustment but a sudden full deflection like the yoke is yanked right back : intermittent fault in the elevator axis potentiometer, I have had to conclude :cry: .
Cheers,
Emile.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”