Seat position

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Seat position

Post by Blitzer »

I have noticed since having VR that the pilot and copilot seats in the 172 appear to be push towards the rear on their runners, this makes the seated position in VR particularly unnatural looking.
Is there anyway to move them forwards to a "normal" position where it would be more realistic? I have been unsuccessful in finding a click-spot to do so, but I could simply be missing something. :?:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Seat position

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

though you cannot move the 3d models, as with any sim in VR your seating position will vary person to person, aircraft to aircraft. It'll require a bit of movement of your head and using the center view button to reset your view when out of normal position and then moving to the relevant position. For example as a resident shorty its normal for me to reset the view whilst my real office chair is pushed back and lowered a bit. Then I move forward and move my chair higher and its a perfect simulation of the sort of stuff I have to do whenever I get in a car or an aircraft lol.

Once you do it a few times it becomes second nature to setting up your position in the VR cockpit.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

This happens a lot in fact every plane I fly needs the seats adjusting. I have buttons on the yoke assigned to 'eye-point forward, eye pioint back, eyepoint up and whaddya know, eye point down. Beats faffing with aircraft .cfgs Oh, that's using FSUIPC by the way. I'm not sure if those commands are available in P3D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Sorry for the delayed response, not been back since I posted this.

I have no problem in altering my position as it were, I use Chaseplane so very easy to set up a “corrected” view point. It was more a case of the seats in the 172 look like they have been positioned towards the rear of their travel in their modelled runners, thought I may have missed or forgotten about a click-spot. :wink:
The Cherokee in comparison looks about right, I have set my position so when I look through my virtual invisible body my backside looks like it’s in the seat correctly and the controls look a proportional distance in front of me. No worries though, I’m sure I’ll soon ignore and forget it. :D

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”