We're pleased to bring you a free update for the Cessna 172 which includes physically based rendering (PBR) of the model and textures. Please be aware that you'll need to be using at least version 4.4 of Prepar3D to use this update, and version 4.5 Hotfix 2 or later is strongly recommended.
As well as PBR, the update also includes enhanced night lighting, improved support for third-party GPS products, and a few other bits and pieces. The full change list is below.
The non-PBR models and textures are retained so you'll still be able to use any existing repaints. Your current aircraft.cfg file will be backed up in the A2A_C172 folder as "aircraft.cfg.bak" so you can copy any repaint entries out of it if desired.
Accu-Sim C172 Trainer
Version 188.8.131.52 Changes
- Added physically based rendering (PRB). Note that version 4.4 or later of Prepar3D is required to use this update.
- Added dynamic illumination of virtual cockpit.
- Improved instrument backlighting.
- Added VR support for 2-D panel windows.
- Added Aircraft Configurator support for RealityXP GTN 750/650.
- Improved support for RealityXP and Flight1 GNS 530/430 (e.g. animated bezel buttons, improved backlighting).
- Added backlight to Davtron M803 chronometer.
- Added choice of default GPS gauge to Aircraft Configurator (P3D version). The legacy fs9gps gauge is the recommended option; the p3dgps gauge includes some additional features but appears to be a work-in-progress.
- Added function to autotune ADF frequencies ending in .5 KHz.
- Added option to Aircraft Configurator to enlarge 2-D panels if using high display resolution such as 4K.
- Fixed mouse drag action on throttle lever.
- Added new livery (N346CP).