how to preflight a cessna 172R

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
cessna lover

Re: how to preflight a cessna 172R

Post by cessna lover »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 11:42
cessna lover wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 06:19
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 09:06

Just as an aside to this I would note that I never soloed a student who wasn't capable of flying the pattern without an active ASI.
I advise all CFI's to teach this pre-solo.
D Henriques
well I do know from virtual experience it is hard to fly with out the airspeed indicator.
Not hard at all. It's all about pitch and power..
DH
and sound. but also in real life you might be able to feel how fast your going? I'm not sure on that cause I'm not able to go through real training because of the costs

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Well, I think A2A 172R has fairly good speed feedback via elevator, and it is rather easy to fly to landing without any reference to the airspeed, at least with my stick (TM Warthog). Cherokee is even easier. Bonanza is somewhat twitchy with my stick, but still doable.

In real life, you could, in principle, mark the yoke shaft in planes where it is visible, and the yoke position always corresponds to the same AoA, plus or minus some CoG variability. I don't, however, advise adding such 'illegal' markings.

-Esa

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

cessna lover wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 05:09
cessna lover wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 06:19

well I do know from virtual experience it is hard to fly with out the airspeed indicator.
DH
and sound. but also in real life you might be able to feel how fast your going? I'm not sure on that cause I'm not able to go through real training because of the costs
The physical senses can be used as a reference for stall recognition. Pitch and power can be used to establish normal flight attitudes necessary for flight without a visual reference to an ASI. It's actually a combination of these things that are taught to be used together.
DH

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 09:24
cessna lover wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 05:09
DH
The physical senses can be used as a reference for stall recognition. Pitch and power can be used to establish normal flight attitudes necessary for flight without a visual reference to an ASI. It's actually a combination of these things that are taught to be used together.
DH
oh ok thank you.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”