Ground taxi friction

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
paddler
Airman

Ground taxi friction

Post by paddler »

I find with all A2A planes that I need almost full throttle to start rolling and then maintain taxi. How do I lesson the ground friction?

Thanks.
Rick

Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: Ground taxi friction

Post by Hook »

paddler wrote:I find with all A2A planes that I need almost full throttle to start rolling and then maintain taxi. How do I lesson the ground friction?
Release the brakes! :D

I find I prefer the A2A method over having an aircraft that taxis at 10 knots at just above idle.

Hook

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Rick,

are you all updated and how are you loading, you should need probably 10-1500rpm to start moving depending on aircraft and conditions of course.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

flat tires?

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I've noticed that both the Cessna 172 and Cherokee sometimes take a lot of power to get moving during taxi. Once I couldn't get the Cherokee to move at all when I was parked on grass and had a full load. I had to reposition the aircraft to the end of the runway.

I was just doing a taxi in a non-A2A aircraft and was doing 15 knots or more at 800 RPM. How do I *increase* the ground friction to avoid this? :D

Hook

paddler
Airman

Post by paddler »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Rick,

are you all updated and how are you loading, you should need probably 10-1500rpm to start moving depending on aircraft and conditions of course.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Thanks everyone,
Brakes are off and no flat tires.:)

I tried the 172 today and it did start to move at 1500 rpm whereas before I was over 2100 rpm before any movement. I should have identified that I am using P3D v4.4, Win 10 and FSUIPC 5 for P3D v4. All programs are updated this month. I did not have this trouble over a week ago and when I think about it, Win 10 did an update before this problem showed up. All A2A files are recently downloaded and thus updated for v 4.4. I am beginning to wonder if the Win 10 update did a number on the USB calibrations set in FSUIPC. Pete has said before that updates of Win 10 can confuse the joystick naming in FSUIPC.ini.

I have installed all A2A aircraft not in the documents folder but on a separate P3D addons SSD under A2A. This has not caused problems of any sort before.

Is there still a separate update tool that I need to download to ensure that my A2A files are up-to-date?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Under your start menu you'l find the update tools for the A2A P3Dv4 products your own. Let us know how you get on though with the re-calibration and a good test is to disable FSUIPC alogether and just run the sim with no controls plugged in at all.

How you load the sim can affect this and years back I remember there even being some mention of users with certain mesh settings having issues on third party scenery that was designed for specific settings in this area.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

paddler
Airman

Post by paddler »

Lewis,

Thank you for the info on the update option, I would have eventually found it but months later :(

Turns out that the brake friction problem was able to be resolved via a FSUIPC5.ini file modification. I simply changed "BrakeReleaseThreshold=75" to =0.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok dokie good stuff, happy flying in the virtual skies and in this case taxing on the virtual ground :mrgreen:

cheers and happy new year,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”