P3D2.2 combo winner with C172R

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Cycliste1961
Airman First Class

P3D2.2 combo winner with C172R

Post by Cycliste1961 »

After some initial problems flying the C172 in P3D2.1. I gave it another shot in 2.2 and am happy to report that all is well. Gone are the FPS issues, inexplicable broken aircraft parts, etc.

Still problematic, but minor are the beacon not showing, the weak Landing/Taxi lights, the absence of internal light in the digital clock/amp meter and the simplified look of the GNS400.
The important thing is that it is operational. The essentials are OK.

Just starting on a world tour from CYBW going East. With FTX Global just installed, I am planning a great virtual trip around the world which will compensate for my lack of vacations this year...

Just happy to be back with the C172R :D
Intel i7-3770K, 16GB DDR3-1600 Ram, EVGA GTX970 FTW, Corsair AX 850, Windows 10 64bit, P3Dv3. TrackIR 5, CH Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant, 3 monitors. EFB, ASN on client computer

Alec246
Airman First Class

Re: P3D2.2 combo winner with C172R

Post by Alec246 »

Prepar3d V2.2 is ready to receive all the developers attention! It's a beautiful sim, running very efficiently!

Andydigital
Airman First Class

Post by Andydigital »

Cycliste1961 wrote:
Still problematic, but minor are the beacon not showing, the weak Landing/Taxi lights, the absence of internal light in the digital clock/amp meter
The clock has never been illuminated in the C172 in FSX or P3D, I wish it was but its not.
cheers,
Andy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the 172 has worked all the time in 2.1, though if you updated you may have needed a reinstall like most P3D customers.

The clock isn't illuminated as its not in the real test aircraft we flew. For the lights if you install the latest core update you will get options for which lights to use. The beacon etc is unfortunately a P3D issue with effects. But I a quick reload in flight should fix that one for you.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

Do yall have any P3d 2.2 "tweak" suggestions? Or at least a place to look? I haven't spent the time with it that I need to... primarily due to the lack of RXP. I'd like to have a nice VFR experience though!

Cheers!

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

i5 2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB - EVGA GTX 570 Fermi

Cycliste1961
Airman First Class

Post by Cycliste1961 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:For the lights if you install the latest core update you will get options for which lights to use. The beacon etc is unfortunately a P3D issue with effects. But I a quick reload in flight should fix that one for you.
Thanks for the info Lewis.
The light option I chose was the "recommended option" which is obviously not the right one. Can I just re-install the core update whitout uninstall it first?

Thank you kindly.
Intel i7-3770K, 16GB DDR3-1600 Ram, EVGA GTX970 FTW, Corsair AX 850, Windows 10 64bit, P3Dv3. TrackIR 5, CH Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant, 3 monitors. EFB, ASN on client computer

Eric Bakker
Airman First Class

Post by Eric Bakker »

budmorgan wrote:Do yall have any P3d 2.2 "tweak" suggestions? Or at least a place to look? I haven't spent the time with it that I need to... primarily due to the lack of RXP. I'd like to have a nice VFR experience though!
Hi Bud,

The beauty of v2.2 is that it doesn't need tweaks. Best is to run it 'right out the box', so start with the LM default settings. Then you can 'tweak' it by changing the settings in the sim's 'display menu'. The cloud and terrain shadow are the heaviest for older graphic cards (GPU's), if you are looking for performance improvements. Also, do not stare at the fps counter all the time, but instead turn it off and enjoy the smooth ride in P3D :-).
Bonanza - T6 Texan - Constellation - PA-24 Comanche - PA-28 Cherokee - C182 Skylane - C172 Trainer - Spitfire - Accu-Feel
| [email protected] | RTX2080ti-11Gb | Win10

Cycliste1961
Airman First Class

Post by Cycliste1961 »

budmorgan wrote:Do yall have any P3d 2.2 "tweak" suggestions? Or at least a place to look?
Bud, just look in the Learning Center Menu. It`s under Prepar3D Product - Tuning Guide.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cycliste1961 wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:For the lights if you install the latest core update you will get options for which lights to use. The beacon etc is unfortunately a P3D issue with effects. But I a quick reload in flight should fix that one for you.
Thanks for the info Lewis.
The light option I chose was the "recommended option" which is obviously not the right one. Can I just re-install the core update whitout uninstall it first?

Thank you kindly.
Hello,

yes you can just re-run the update. The lights options are the classic lights or the new type that many developers use. Unfortunately the new lights have a downside of causing VC blackouts in which all click-spots are lost at random for some customers. This is why we went back to the classic and 100% working lights leaving the option in the installer for you guys to choose as required.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”