My take on voice activated checklists

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
codetrucker
Airman Basic

Re: My take on voice activated checklists

Post by codetrucker »

I am at a loss. Is this project still alive (I hope)? It would be a real disappointment if I missed out on this wonderful project, especially since I am handicapped with some physical and vision issues. :(
Please advise here or PM, if necessary.
Here's hoping. :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi codetrucker - probably best if you drop the thread author (SouthPawPaul) a PM if you haven't already. That way, there's a chance he'll get email notification.

Cheers,
Nick

chriswongus
Airman Basic

Post by chriswongus »

Hi Guys!

I missed this awesome app because I was not "born" in the FSX world few years ago.

Really want the app but seems like the website simvoicechecklists is down.

Is there any friends here who can share a link?

I can pay by PayPal.

Please help!!!!!

Douglas99
Airman Basic

Post by Douglas99 »

I have the same question; how can I sent SouthPawPaul an email for a request to obtain this wonderful app? Via the administrator?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you can send a PM to the user would be best from the forums

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Douglas99
Airman Basic

Post by Douglas99 »

Thanks Lewis, I will do so.

SouthPawPaul
Airman First Class

Post by SouthPawPaul »

Hi guys. I'm no longer active on this project as you've probably noted from my lack of participation here. This is mainly due to life's shifting priorities and not spending nearly as much time as I'd like on the sim. However as it appears that folks still want this app, I'll provide all the links directly here. These links should be valid for as long as I've got spare space on my Google drive account.

Program files:
https://goo.gl/AWUAoK

A2A C172 example checklist and audio files:
https://goo.gl/yQ74e7

Source Code:
https://goo.gl/dGwwNP
ImageImageImage

Douglas99
Airman Basic

Post by Douglas99 »

Hello SouthPawPaul,
I reallly appreciate this; many thanks for the app!

Douglas99
Airman Basic

Post by Douglas99 »

Hello again SouthPawPaul,

I know that you are no longer active on the app SimVoiceChecklist and as you said, you have now other life committments, but permit me to ask for your assistance, because I am on a dead end. I’ve spent many time to get the app working but I can’t get it working by voice. The app itself works for me when I use the keys instead of voice.

I’ve set up Windows Speech Recognition correctly included the microfone. Windows Speech Recognition reacts in a proper way to my spoken commands when I use the Windows Speed Recognition Commands list.

But when I open the debug screen of the app and when I then give a spoken command, for instance “Removed”, the word “Removed” appears in the text bar of Windows Speech Recognition and this word is also marked in the left column of the debug screen of the app, however no activity is seen on the right side of the debug screen (the columns Hear and Confidence).
Also when I say “Show Checklists” loud and clear, these words are recognized in the left column of the debug screen, but no notification of this checklist appears on my computer screen. So for some reason the checklist in the app (for instance the A2A C172 checklist) does not pick up my spoken command. I’ve also tried another headset (Logitech) but the problem remains. Also I’ve looked all the tutorials on YouTube to check if I do something wrong.
Well this is very frustrating, as I would like the spoken checklist version very much. Do you have any idea why the app does not respond to my commands? Your answer is much appreciated.

SouthPawPaul
Airman First Class

Post by SouthPawPaul »

Sorry. I don't know what the problem may be off the top of my head.
ImageImageImage

Douglas99
Airman Basic

Post by Douglas99 »

Hello SouthPawPaul,
In the meantime I could solve the problem fortunately. I overlooked the need to adjust the volume settings of the Mic, especially the microfoonversterker from 0 dB to 20/30 dB. Next, setting up the mic with Speech Recognition from Windows was now succesful. After running a few tutorials with Speech Recognition, I managed to start up the VoiceActivatedChecklist and now the voice spoken commands are working good. I even managed to make wav.files for my own checklist for a DC-2 and with these files the app approved to react very good on my spoken commands. So I'm very happy: all is well that ends well! :D :D :D

fatcharlie
Airman

Post by fatcharlie »

Does anyone know if this is still available? I clicked on the link but get an error message when I try to download it.

SouthPawPaul
Airman First Class

Post by SouthPawPaul »

I haven't used or updated this project in a long time and have since moved on from sim flying for the time being.

However, the project can be downloaded from my Google drive account here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8l5C6 ... 34jw7UxOmg

The example C172 checklist can be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8l5C6 ... Izx3ncPG2Q

...and a community updated set of voice files adjusted so they sound like they're coming over your headset can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8l5C6 ... e-fxjeoeYw

Regards,
SPP
ImageImageImage

fatcharlie
Airman

Post by fatcharlie »

Fantastic thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey SouthPawPaul,

thanks for returning and posting your updated link. Hope you are all well, dare I ask if you have continued your random mods for any other aircraft or any new platforms ala XP or MSFS?

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”