A simple mistake

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

A simple mistake

Post by trucker17 »

Well everyone.
This is it. The junk yard dog is my last repaint. I made a simple mistake. I had 2 files for work that was done for the interior of these planes, One that was for my own use from one creator, and one that was done just for Junk yard dog.
On accident I placed the wrong interior work into it. This has been corrected, and I apologized to the person who's interior was accidently placed.
He chose not to accept the apology, which is ok with me, I made the effort, and corrected this.
Which brings me to the decision that I will no longer make my repaints available to others.
I am sorry this happened, and the only way I know to keep it from happening again is to keep my repaints to myself.
Craig.

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Re: A simple mistake

Post by bliksimpie »

no sir it was not accident and it was NOT 2 files but 5 files and I have the proof
c172_c1
c172_c2
c172_c3
c172_c4
c172_c5
You even have screenshots showing the interior. so was the screenshots also accidently ?
we know better

and good thing on the painting decision, It will spare me and fellow painters a lot of work policing your uploads.

have a good evening. :D
Regards
JB

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

bliksimpie wrote:and good thing on the painting decision, It will spare me and fellow painters a lot of work policing your uploads.

have a good evening. :D
O please, give it a break, bliksempie. Accidents happen. No need for you (and your 'fellow painters'... really?) to go policing trucker17's downloads. He/she made clear from the start that the interior was painted by someone else so he/she didn't try to get the credits for it anyway! The most you can say is that he/she made a mistake with the credits! What's so bad about that?! Making mistakes is human so accept the apology and get on with it. To spoil someone's hobby over a mistake is NOT a good thing. (And that very sarcastic smiley at the end of your post doesn't suit you.)

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

I can only agree with J van E! Craig made a simple mistake and apologized for it. That's it...case closed, I would say. There is absolutely no need to be so unforgiving.

Craig, you have been a big part of this community in the past and I hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Post by bliksimpie »

Sorry guys, if the "painter" or ".... " even post screenshots of my work and take the credit for it, it is no "accidental" mistake.
It would be a total different story if he/she posted "their" screenshots and uploaded a "wrong" file. yes it can be acceptable to then think maybe it was a genuine mistake. Well gents wake up. He/she deliberately and knowingly took my work and try and make it off as "their" work.

Come on, let a little bit of common sense work it's way or are you just so gullible and think it was a mistake. Sorry it might add up for you fellas but not for me..! and fellow painters indeed do not need to worry, but I for sure will watch trucker's uploads, that for sure.

Maybe you guys will understand how it feel when you work 50+ hours on a paint and this is what you get in return.

One thing is for sure, i will also NEVER ever upload any enhancement I ever do again, because frankly out there is a people who prawl on other peoples efforts.

Keep well and bye bye.!! no hard feelings :lol:

Scot you can close my account here.
Regards
JB

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

While I may be rude in making fun of the situation, I'm not really taking sides. I'd hope you'd settle it out somehow. Was there really malicious intent here? Something that cannot be explained as messing up files? After all, when repainting, we are dealing with files that have identical filenames, only separated from each other by which folder they are saved to.

killer757
Staff Sergeant

Post by killer757 »

^ Haha, this!

It seems like a simple mistake that Trucker has corrected already. No big deal.

I really hope that you do not stop poster your repaints, as Im sure everybody here appreciates them!

Hope you guys get it all worked out.
ImageImage

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

After this I feel uncomfortable using bliksimple's interior.

Trucker17 had two sets of interior files. He was using bliksimple's files in the aircraft he flew, and had another set from another user that was intended for upload with the plane. He uploaded the wrong interior files, a simple mistake.

I noticed on the screen shots that it was bliksimple's interior, attributed to another user, but didn't comment. I figured either the wrong interior was used, or the attribute was wrong. I expected this to work itself out without problem.

All of us have occasionally had parts of our work used by someone else, sometimes without attribute. A simple PM is usually all it takes to get things straightened out. I once had a web site that had downloads, and discovered another site that was using ALL my downloads. I pointed it out to the webmaster who offered to take the files down. I told him to leave them up, but mention my site. This he did. All was good.

Bliksimple, you do good work. It would be a shame to have one simple mistake ruin all that.

Hook

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Sorry to hear of your not sharing any more of your paints Craig. You have a good many enjoyable paints out there.

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

This is pathetic! Trucker17 made a mistake, either accidentally using the wrong files or else not attributing them to the rightful owner. Either way he has acknowledged his mistake and apologised.

Bliksimple, forgiveness is a wonderful thing, so grow up and accept the apology! And then both of you continue with your hobby.
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

SicSRT
Airman Basic

Post by SicSRT »

I just have to jump in here and say that this is just how Bliksimple acts in every forum i have seen him in. So Trucker17, don't take anything he says, personally. Your repaints are awesome and i hope you continue you to make them.

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

I checked Trucker17's repaints and they were quite many. No wonder the nick "Trucker17" sounded familiar.

I really doubt such a productive repainter with numerous (almost countless) repaint works would steal credit (for him/herself or for a friend) for interior files of one repaint. It's pretty obvious that if Trucker17 was a fraud, he/she'd done previously as well. Since this is the only case that has popped up, I'd trust Trucker17. It was a mistake.

Please, do finish and release that Junk Yard Dog, Trucker17. Or does this download link
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... nkid=17488
already have the correct interior skins (i.e the ones mentioned here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=36810 )
rather than the wrong ones?

Although I will probably keep JA4MOE (also dubbed as "Kanako Plane") as my primary paint scheme, Junk Yard Dog is interesting. I just need a well trashed aircraft condition file to go along with it, so that it will fall apart on every single take-off (but preferably not on the parking slot). :-p

____

I do agree bliksimpie has the right to be annoyed even when it was a mistake on Trucker's behalf. There's still no reason to go overly mental about it.
I also don't really understand is why bliksimpie is directing his frustration toward A2A or A2A forums as well as Trucker. Feels like he's angry with the entire world, or something.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

whiic wrote:I checked Trucker17's repaints and they were quite many. No wonder the nick "Trucker17" sounded familiar.

I really doubt such a productive repainter with numerous (almost countless) repaint works would steal credit (for him/herself or for a friend) for interior files of one repaint. It's pretty obvious that if Trucker17 was a fraud, he/she'd done previously as well. Since this is the only case that has popped up, I'd trust Trucker17. It was a mistake.

Please, do finish and release that Junk Yard Dog, Trucker17. Or does this download link
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... nkid=17488
already have the correct interior skins (i.e the ones mentioned here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=36810 )
rather than the wrong ones?

Although I will probably keep JA4MOE (also dubbed as "Kanako Plane") as my primary paint scheme, Junk Yard Dog is interesting. I just need a well trashed aircraft condition file to go along with it, so that it will fall apart on every single take-off (but preferably not on the parking slot). :-p

____

I do agree bliksimpie has the right to be annoyed even when it was a mistake on Trucker's behalf. There's still no reason to go overly mental about it.
I also don't really understand is why bliksimpie is directing his frustration toward A2A or A2A forums as well as Trucker. Feels like he's angry with the entire world, or something.
The Junk tard dog download has the correct file in it, I asked that Lock on files pull the download even with the correct files in it.....I wont be uploading to that site again.

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

OK so who pissed in Bliks Cheerio's cause I know it was not intentional by any definition of the word especially by Trucker.
I've talked to trucker on several occasions and seen every one of his repaints on here and other sites and I know Trucker is not the type of guy to intentionally take someone Else's work and claim it as his own. I don't know how this happen but I think a thorough investigation should be started first if it means that much to you Blik.

This happened to me once by others claiming my work on other sites but that was intentional. I found out who they were and it was dealt with the next day and case closed.

Again, I know trucker wouldn't do this kind of thing cause he's not the type and has no reason too.

Trucker: Now finish that repaint your working on bro.

~A~
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

I empathize with both sides of this conundrum. My first thought brings me back to what my dad always used to say: "You can tell a lot about a mans character by the way he reacts to a flat tire." Chew on that for a minute.

Cheers!

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

i5 2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB - EVGA GTX 570 Fermi

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”