One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Independent Customer Reviews

Post by Scott - A2A »

The most important reviews to us are from the customers:

Flightsim.com

Norbert Saegaer
The accuracy of this plane is what I have been waiting for. With many hours in a Skyhawk, I appreciate the work that went into this sim model. Make MORE please!

Torin Dow-Walhood
Another amazing simulation from A2A. So much detail in this its unbelevable. All the real world procedures work just as you would expect. Don't let the price put you off, its well worth it. Best GA fsx plane ever. And A2As support is amazing. An update will be out soon on the forums, so stay tuned.

Dan Shepherd
This is by far the most accurate flight sim X aircraft to date!. I don't think I will be able to go back to my other aircraft in my hanger!. This acts like the real C172 I have flown. I hope A2A simulations makes more "real" general aviation planes.

Mark Carey
AWESOME! So much detail, Love it.

Paul Vermeulen
Everything felt instantly familiar. The taxiing behavior, takeoff without flaps, trim wheel sensitivity and flight behavior. Worth the investment. The bar has been raised.

Ole Andreasen
At first glance, its a VERY expensive C172 - but once you fess up and buy her - there is no going back. It´s the most amazing GA aircraft for FSX. I will NEVER fly the default 172 again.

Dan Reid
I have quite a few of the A2A Accusim aircraft and this one does not disappoint! The details are all there, the artwork is beautiful. The physics and controls are outstanding. The level of immersion with the "living" systems and pre-flight checks are great.

Alan Echevarria
Another Fine Aircraft by A2A. I was excited to fly this beautifully crafted 172 when it was announced. When I first flew this aircraft it took me awhile to get used to the systems of this plane. Doing a quick test flight around a local airport I found this aircraft to handle smoother than the default 172. The cockpit is very well done, every gauge clear and easy to read, switches that don't sound the same. My favorite part of this aircraft is everything about it. Another A++ product from A2A. Will always be a loyal customer.

Simmarket.com

Richard Micola
If you want 1 of the best "Reality Shows" in aircraft and aviation on your PC. Than buy C172 plus ACCUSIM from A2A! Not cheap but WOW!! PMDG and A2A has become the highest standard to me for FSX. I have also Mustang P51d from A2A. Of course with Accusim built in! And A2A knocks me down, if it comes to reality-feelings of flying an airplane! Even setting of Radio-frequency must be done right. Otherwise no ATC contact! From cold start the Engine till Flying behaviour it is like in the real world. Fly the C.Skyhawk A2A on your PC and you will agree with me.

David Rogers
I think there is little doubt that this will become one of the best GA aircraft around for FSX, but on release it does have a number of bugs, that aren't traditionally seen with A2A releases. The aircraft gets stuck in grass or rough terrain and is very hard to move once this happens. I believe this is a problem with the ground friction. The Flight Dynamics are also questionable in some areas (although A2A maintain they are realistic). I could not get the camera views associated with the pre-flight screen to remain in sync also. I think that after a SP to resolve these and more bugs, this will be the one to go for, but at present it has a few too many bugs for a full recommendation.

Aleksey Shumilin
Follow the development of this aircraft since the beginning of the announcement. In my view, the result exceeded all expectations...This is a brilliant product.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Independent Customer Reviews

Post by Ron Attwood »

Back Country Prop Club

Ron Attwood
Bloody marvellous! I've had $50 worth already. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

I learned to fly when I was 14 years old, while my father was in the Marines. The col. my dad was assigned under started teaching me about flight and how to care and maintain his 2 planes. 1 plane was the P40 Warhawk, the other was his 1967 Cessna 172.
A2As C172 matches exactly what I remember his 172 being like. From the looks to the way the aircraft responds is perfect to what I remember, and having the ability again to do the walk around even in the sim adds that much more immersion into your flying experience. Each aircraft exceeds their last.....Exceptionally Well done A2A.
I look forward with anticipation to their next plane weather its a GA or warbird, and weather its a piston or jet, it will be well worth it.
Last edited by trucker17 on 22 Sep 2013, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

Venesim
Airman

Post by Venesim »

as a personal comment, it's hard to deny that this addon is one of the best out there, I have the manuals for the real plane, to perform all tests checked the level of realism of this magnificent aircraft, personally are the best $ 50 spent

Last edited by Venesim on 22 Sep 2013, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

chav241
Senior Airman

Post by chav241 »

What? some one gave it THREE stars, now let me at them.....seriously I am merely kidding.

It just keep on getting better and better well done A2A(The Team)
Windows 10
Intel Core i7-6700k @4.00GHz Ram 16GB GTX 980 Ti
FSX plus Acceleration
Piper cub - P47 Razorback - B377 Stratocruiser + COTS - B17 - Spitfire
C172 Trainer(TT65) Piper Cherokee(TT110) C182(TT08)

Flyboy_Pete
Airman

Post by Flyboy_Pete »

I Love It !! Fantastic and Thank You A2A.

Installed easy. Latest update went smooth.

My first flight was a quick circuit at YMMB (Orbx) ... I cheated and did a CTRL-E ... OK - I'll learn how to start it tomorrow!

Taxi was easy once I remembered that the steering was "real", so some differential braking made turns easier.

The takeoff was smooth - one stage of flap. I noticed that this "real" C172 did not just fly out on her own and constant attention to the controls was needed - just like I see the real ones move around when watching them from the ground ... neat! Climbed a bit too high, but hey! the "eye-candy" got the best of me ;-)

Lined up for 35L with full flap and I noticed that she did not just drop from the sky ... I need to learn how to fly!!

The steep landing ended up with a smooth touch down and a roll out with minimum brakes.

Taxi to GA Parking. I did a "real" shut-down, and sat there totally amazed ... mouth wide open!

Now to learn how to really opperate all those switches properly ... Woo Hoo ...

Again -- Thank you A2A for a fantastic aircraft.

Pete.

nanamunski
Airman Basic

Post by nanamunski »

Ive never flown a plane and ive only been playin the sim for 3 months...love it! feel like I could fly one for real now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFJpJG8kxPc

kramerdc9
Airman

Post by kramerdc9 »

Got to say I'm with the others here. I've only had her for about a month and the realism put into the plane is second to none in the GA market. I've been looking for a GA aircraft like this for quite some time. Job well done A2A!!!

n122vu
Airman Basic

Post by n122vu »

I purchased this plane 2 weeks ago and it is outstanding! I just started pursuing my PPL in a 1975 C172 and the level of realism as well as the behavior and of this aircraft are spot on. Being able to sit here with the actual C172 manual and follow the checklists verbatim is amazing. The preflight walkaround is also a greatly appreciated feature!

This already has been and will continue to be an invaluable training tool, and it's just absolutely as fun to fly as the real thing. Keep up the great work!

Leadcatcher
Airman First Class

Post by Leadcatcher »

I have to agree with n122vu - I am currently a lesson or two away from soloing in a 172. I travel a lot and use the A2A 172 to practice my checklist flows and "chair-fly". I am sure I would be much further behind in my real life training without this great ( and entertaining) training aid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flashg50
Airman First Class

Post by flashg50 »

Really love this plane. It's about as real as you can get without leaving the ground. Going to get the 180 next. I put this up there with my PMDG 737. way to go!!!
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

MadMac388th
Airman First Class

Post by MadMac388th »

I've had this plane less than a week, but am having trouble flying anything else. I've got just under 40 hours in real Cessnas. The models I fly are the M and the P (both are carbureted), so I had a little bit of adjustment time getting used to a fuel injected Lycoming engine, but it feels more like flying than any other simulated experience I've had. This Cessna is a little more slick than the ones I fly (It feels almost like a glider to me), and the engine rpm's don't match up to what I'm used to for pattern flying (I find that I need to reduce engine RPMs by 3 to 4 thousand more than what I'm used to for level flight in the pattern and for the decent as well). I'm sure the differences I've talked about are due to differences between an actual M and P model and the R model. Thanks for all of your attention to detail A2A. There are still a lot of schools and rental agencies using older models than this, hint hint ; )

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

MadMac,

The R model has the bigger engine (360 instead of the 320) and a much more coarse prop. Try the S prop (open your Maintenance hangar SHIFT-7). You will get about 2400RPM static (full power) instead of the 2100RPM static of the R model. This will give you an extra 20hp and the RPM's may be closer to what you are used too (2700RPM redline).

Also, thank you for the good words :)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

rodders47
Airman

Post by rodders47 »

Attention to detail is second to none. If flying in cloud you can see a reflection of the instrument panel in the starboard door window and if you open the window the reflections destorts !!! EXCELLENT

Also by plugging in the headphones the noise of wind etc is cancelled out.. Well done guys

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have never been a lover of the C172/182 , UNTIL THAT IS i got the A2A C172/182 , i am getting very fond of these aircraft , they are a joy to fly , and today , i found out that you need to look more carefully when doing the fuel check on the walkaround .
I did the usual walk around , got in fired up the eng , which was difficult to start , then she was miss firing and spluttering , like i have never herd before , and eng quickly died before i could shut her down .
I went to the maint hangar , no faults showing , so did another check on the fuel , wing tanks where ok , but then on the fuel check near the eng , i spotted my earlier misstake , YEP you guessed , water contamination , now i know what it looks like i will be more careful next time .
What attention to detail , loverly .
Regards alan. 8) :roll:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”