Independent Customer Reviews

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
murphyb757
Airman Basic

Re: Independent Customer Reviews

Post by murphyb757 »

It is obvious that a lot of work has gone into the making of this simulator. Although, there are some oversights with regard to the accuracy of the interior of the simulation. In particular, the virtual pilots view is not correct. In the actual aircraft, the pilot seat height is adjusted so as to have a clear view of the underside structure of the left/right wing. In this simulation, when the cockpit door is closed, its frame structure obscures the underside of the wing making it impossible to see the normal flap extension and retraction to include being able to see the upward and downward movement of the ailerons as one needs to see during a flight control check. Additionally, the interior pilot and copilot seats are too high (head rests), and so too are the seats in the rear of the aircraft in comparison to the actual aircraft. It is not possible to look to the rear of the aircraft unobscured and see elevator movement.

Detailed movement of the altimeter and vertical speed indicator movement in response to the pulling of the Alternate Static Source is absent and when pulled the extension length is far too much and does not replicate the actual extension of about an 1/8 of an inch.

I am please with the product and appreciate the extensive work performed to give us this product. Although, in the interest of producing a further refined product with the intention of creating a greater degree of fidelity some work remains.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

murphyb757 wrote:It is obvious that a lot of work has gone into the making of this simulator. Although, there are some oversights with regard to the accuracy of the interior of the simulation. In particular, the virtual pilots view is not correct. In the actual aircraft, the pilot seat height is adjusted so as to have a clear view of the underside structure of the left/right wing. In this simulation, when the cockpit door is closed, its frame structure obscures the underside of the wing making it impossible to see the normal flap extension and retraction to include being able to see the upward and downward movement of the ailerons as one needs to see during a flight control check. Additionally, the interior pilot and copilot seats are too high (head rests), and so too are the seats in the rear of the aircraft in comparison to the actual aircraft. It is not possible to look to the rear of the aircraft unobscured and see elevator movement.

Detailed movement of the altimeter and vertical speed indicator movement in response to the pulling of the Alternate Static Source is absent and when pulled the extension length is far too much and does not replicate the actual extension of about an 1/8 of an inch.

I am please with the product and appreciate the extensive work performed to give us this product. Although, in the interest of producing a further refined product with the intention of creating a greater degree of fidelity some work remains.
Hello and welcome to the forums. Might be best to create a new topic in the tech support area if you think you have fund some issues. I guess you might be new to flightsim as the eye point parts you mention are of course different pilot to pilot, and just like in reality in the sim you will move the seat (eye point) as you see fit prior to take off and engine start.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

To echo what Lewis has said. One can just reposition to eyepoint to wherever you need it using the built in controls in the simulator. I am not particularly tall, but I have to crouch a little to see the wing and flaps in the real aircraft. I normally see the doorframe when I look left or right in the real aircraft.

Using tools like TrackIR one can easily look around the headrests just as in the real aircraft. Manual view controls can be used to simulate this, but I'm not sure what they are as I use TrackIR.

I haven't tested the Alternate Static Air before. I do agree that the knob pull is very short in the real machine.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Corsair015
Senior Airman

Post by Corsair015 »

This is the best simulator 172 I have ever seen, heard and flown. It is so close to real life, and is helping me learn my checklists and procedures.

Accusim is amazing, and I cant wait to fly more of A2A's aircraft!
ImageImageImage
Corsairs Forever!

Corsair015
Senior Airman

Post by Corsair015 »

murphyb757 wrote:It is obvious that a lot of work has gone into the making of this simulator. Although, there are some oversights with regard to the accuracy of the interior of the simulation. In particular, the virtual pilots view is not correct. In the actual aircraft, the pilot seat height is adjusted so as to have a clear view of the underside structure of the left/right wing. In this simulation, when the cockpit door is closed, its frame structure obscures the underside of the wing making it impossible to see the normal flap extension and retraction to include being able to see the upward and downward movement of the ailerons as one needs to see during a flight control check. Additionally, the interior pilot and copilot seats are too high (head rests), and so too are the seats in the rear of the aircraft in comparison to the actual aircraft. It is not possible to look to the rear of the aircraft unobscured and see elevator movement.
I agree, but it is possible to use certain key commands to move your viewpoint in the simulator. Commands are as follows: Hold Ctrl+Shift and then either Enter or backspace for left or right. Shift and either Enter or Backspace= up/down. Ctrl and either Enter or Backspace=forward/backward

Hope this helps!
ImageImageImage
Corsairs Forever!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”