Great! thanks!

what about throttle response?
its take alot of time (8 sec) the engine to develop power
in real life C172 engine develop full power in max 2 secconds

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Re: New update in progress

Post by alehead »

With the 2,400rpm propeller, the static ground rpm is just over 2,100... I find I get to that in around 2-3 seconds from idle to full throttle... It has never taken more than 4 seconds to reach full power on the ground...

A
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

tomerhm
Airman

Post by tomerhm »

Its confused because in A2A model
the static RPM reaches in 2 secoond as real 172 but the engine develop full power in about 8 secconds

alexf
Senior Airman

Post by alexf »

Great news! Well done team!
Alex

Image ImageImage

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

tomerhm wrote:Its confused because in A2A model
the static RPM reaches in 2 secoond as real 172 but the engine develop full power in about 8 secconds
It is a fixed pitch propeller... power should be a direct function of rpm. How do you know it takes 8 seconds to reach full power, if you are reaching 2100rpm in around 2 seconds on the ground?

Maybe I have misunderstood something...

A
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Ty89m wrote:Great news on the update, can't wait to try it out! Curious, does this update fix the ball physics on the turn coordinator? That is one of my biggest issues with this (and most addons) without the seat of the pants feel of being uncoordinated in a real aircraft, we have to rely on the turn and bank indicator in flight sim. I know you mentioned fixing that, so am hoping it'll be part of the update! Thanks!
I'm not sure why, but the both the A2A P-47 and B-17 also exhibit the same erroneous behavior as the 172 in regards to turn coordinator physics. Skids are exaggerated the same way in all three aircraft. I wonder if this is somehow related to Accusim? I agree that this makes true coordinated turns almost impossible by referencing the ball as it's currently modeled.

The impending update and the continuing effort to fix the current issues with the new 172 are muchly appreciated by all we A2A customers though!

tomerhm
Airman

Post by tomerhm »

alehead wrote:
It is a fixed pitch propeller... power should be a direct function of rpm. How do you know it takes 8 seconds to reach full power, if you are reaching 2100rpm in around 2 seconds on the ground?

A
RPM indicator is only indicator and not like default sircrafts not reflect true aircraft RPM so in this model RPM indication go immidiatly to 2100 but in background true RPM increase slowly to static RPM
I check this by using default gauges and also I have problems making touch and go safely on 900m runway as I used to in real life

sl007
Airman

Post by sl007 »

Dear A2A-Team!!!

This exactly is what keeps me coming to A2A every time you launch a new product.----> SUPPORT 8) 8) 8)

Sincerely,

SL007
ImageImage
ImageImage

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

tomerhm wrote:
alehead wrote:

A
RPM indicator is only indicator and not like default sircrafts not reflect true aircraft RPM so in this model RPM indication go immidiatly to 2100 but in background true RPM increase slowly to static RPM
I check this by using default gauges and also I have problems making touch and go safely on 900m runway as I used to in real life
I would be really grateful if someone else could chime in here, as I really don't understand the issue. How can I see when the engine is providing full power if not by the rpm gauge, when I am using a fixed pitch propeller? If I see the static prop rpm of around 2100 being attained in around 2 seconds, I can assume that the engine is producing its max thrust (I am assuming near sea level and standard air and so on), or am I making a fundamental error?

Thanks

Andrew
Andrew

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Andrew, that delay is fixed in the update. Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

Cheers Scott and my apologies to tomerhm, as I cannot reproduce what he notes...

A
Andrew

flo76
Senior Airman

Post by flo76 »

Scott - A2A wrote:Andrew, that delay is fixed in the update. Scott.
hello, when this update are release please ? thanks
Florent DUFAY

Brett_Henderson
Senior Airman

Post by Brett_Henderson »

I would be really grateful if someone else could chime in here, as I really don't understand the issue. How can I see when the engine is providing full power if not by the rpm gauge, when I am using a fixed pitch propeller? If I see the static prop rpm of around 2100 being attained in around 2 seconds, I can assume that the engine is producing its max thrust (I am assuming near sea level and standard air and so on), or am I making a fundamental error?

Thanks

Andrew
You are correct; all variables equal, with a fixed prop, RPM is your power reference. But the most important variable, is airspeed. You can achieve proportionately high RPM, with a modest throttle setting, in a steep dive (high airspeed)... and conversely, proportionately low RPM at full throttle, in a steep climb (low airspeed).. Let's say, for reference, it's 2400RPM in both cases. Same RPM, different level of power(HP) being generated.

This highlights one of the advantages of a constant-speed prop.. You can keep RPM at or near where the engine generates more HP, regardless the throttle setting, or airspeed.

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

Cheers Brett, thanks for the insight :)

I should have added "on the ground" to make it 100% clear.

There appears to be some issue, otherwise Scott would never have posted.

Thanks to all... Just did some touch and goes at Shoreham on the English South Coast. As it is, I am certainly getting used to "flying" this one.

Looking forward to the update as well...

A
Andrew

Brett_Henderson
Senior Airman

Post by Brett_Henderson »

On the ground, too :)

When you first go full throttle for a takeoff roll.. the RPMs hit ~2100.. then as you roll, the RPM is "allowed" to increase to where more HP is being generated.. so, whether you sense it or not, you're getting more thrust AS you gain airspeed, but quickly hit a fixed-pitch prop's efficiency "wall"..

Then, as you climb, you "force" the RPM back down into a lower HP spot on the power curve... and then as you level for cruise, the engine is again "allowed" to seek the higher HP, higher RPM.. to the point where you HAVE to reduce throttle for the sake of engine wear.

I believe the issue being adressed, is the time that the A2A engine model uses up, as the RPM/Power/Thrust change, per throttle change.. IOW, the lag..

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”