Flight Model of the C172

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
teropa
Airman First Class

Flight Model of the C172

Post by teropa »

Hi,

Quickly read through the manual (not everything), and noticed that there wasn't too much details on the flight model side of the C172.

What I mean by this is some kind of dissection of what real-life characteristics of the C172 have been captured in the sim. Something that happens in the real thing, as a basic feature of the plane, or as a result of bad piloting.

Interested if any or all of these are modelled closely or not so closely:

- Side-slipping for landing in crosswind, cross-controlled flight
- ground behaviour in landing, on touchdown and roll-out (for example feeling of side-loading the aircraft due to not landing perfectly straight, porpoising tendencies, wheelbarrowing etc.)
- difference of handling the aircraft when it's light vs heavy, and with different CG position

Just a few things that came to mind.

Tero

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Flight Model of the C172

Post by Molly - A2A »

I assure you, being an A2A product all of those things and more are simulated :)

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Yup, all current Accu-sim aircraft have that (the Cub even simulates the airflow of the prop over the elevators and rudder, and hopefully the Cessna will as well) and with the Accu-Feel addon you can even have the sideload on touchdown for every single non A2A aircraft in your hangar.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

- Side-slipping for landing in crosswind, cross-controlled flight
- ground behaviour in landing, on touchdown and roll-out (for example feeling of side-loading the aircraft due to not landing perfectly straight, porpoising tendencies, wheelbarrowing etc.)
- difference of handling the aircraft when it's light vs heavy, and with different CG position
I would imagine that the first and last will at least be more or less spot-on. Not sure how much FS will limit the fidelity of ground behavior, but at least in A2A taildraggers it feels very, very good.

Eksää Tero duunannu vanhoina fsnordicin päivinä joitain virtuaalilentokouluvideoita - vieläpä varsin hyviä, muistan mä.. et suinkaan oo aatellu veistellä jatkoa tällä lisurilla? :)

-Esa

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

It would be nice to see buffeting while forward slipping with full flaps

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

We all will find out soon enough I hope. If its anything like the cub then we will find ourselves crabbing a lot.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

newblackgold
Airman First Class

Post by newblackgold »

Jigsaw wrote:Yup, all current Accu-sim aircraft have that (the Cub even simulates the airflow of the prop over the elevators and rudder, and hopefully the Cessna will as well)
All A2A aircraft post-Cub do this. Pulling the stick back helps keep the tail wheel on the ground and lets you stop a lot faster than you otherwise could without nosing over.

teropa
Airman First Class

Post by teropa »

Thanks guys, just going to have to wait and see then, eh... :)

Esa: kyllä duunailin joo. Lupakirjan saamisen jälkeen huomasin, että määrätyt jutut on simussa liian helppoja ja vähän väärin, ja siksi kiinnostaa, että miten näissä uudemmissa tuo puoli on hoidettu. En ole ajatellut tehdä videoita lisää, mutta eihän sitä koskaan tiedä...

Tero

Jake - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Jake - A2A »

Jigsaw wrote:Yup, all current Accu-sim aircraft have that (the Cub even simulates the airflow of the prop over the elevators and rudder, and hopefully the Cessna will as well) and with the Accu-Feel addon you can even have the sideload on touchdown for every single non A2A aircraft in your hangar.

Oh it does :wink:

-Jake

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

teropa wrote:Lupakirjan saamisen jälkeen huomasin, että määrätyt jutut on simussa liian helppoja ja vähän väärin, ja siksi kiinnostaa, että miten näissä uudemmissa tuo puoli on hoidettu.
Toi on kyllä tuttu fiilis; oon ite myös alkanu uskomaan, että ehkä menee osittain sen piikkiin, että tää PC-ympäristö on vaan niin paljon erilainen kuin aito ohjaamo ilmassa. Vähän sama kuin esim intin WTSAT on "maassa" suht tasan kuin oikea, mutta ilmassa alkaa tuntumaan jotenkin liian helpolta, vaikka kuulemma vastaa malliltaan varsin hyvin oikeaa lelua (en toki valitettavasti ole aitoa HN:ää puikottanut, tuttu vain amek-hommista, ja parista vastaavasta keissistä, vertaan vain yleiseen - ja vähäiseen - lentokokemukseen!). Tää Cessnan malli on kyllä varsin loistava nopealla kokeilulla, omat nurinat menee lähinnä muutamiin näyttölaite-/ilmankäsiälentäjä-puolelle liittyviin kosmeettisiin juttuihin.

After a quick test I would say you probably find it very well simulated - I'd think it's at least as good as the previous A2A products. I'd say you should give it a shot (if not done already). Those things you pointed out seem to be some of those quite difficult to get right on FSX platform, the DCS for example just appear to support that kind of things better, but I'd say that this simulation get's it very true.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”