172 and multiplayer

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

172 and multiplayer

Post by Ron Attwood »

I, like everyone else, am keen to get the 172. I do have one concern though. As I do almost all of my flying online and with shared cockpit, how does the 172 shape up flooding wise?
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 172 and multiplayer

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Internal FSX Shared cockpit feature will not work I'm afraid. This is the same for all complex outside FSX coded aircraft

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Shared Cockpit notwithstanding all previous A2A/Accusim aircraft work flawless in regular multiplayer (i.e. each player using his own aircraft). I'm sure that will not be any different with the C172.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

ak416
Airman

Post by ak416 »

Jigsaw wrote:Shared Cockpit notwithstanding all previous A2A/Accusim aircraft work flawless in regular multiplayer (i.e. each player using his own aircraft). I'm sure that will not be any different with the C172.
There is still an issue of aircraft sending the server too many packets, flooding the server and creating a bad experience for everyone on the server. So far, from my own experience, the 2 "packet flooding" aircraft, as I'll call them, are the A2A Cub w/ Accu-sim and the BF-109. Some users have actually created an "unofficial" fix for the A2A Cub that modifies some of the files to stop the flooding of packets, how they did it I do not know, but it does work.

I wish I knew more about how this stuff worked so I could give better insight into it, but alas, I do not. I do however know some people who do, so perhaps I will see if they can come and explain it better than I can :)

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Me and my buddy Paul used the Cub many times in multiplayer without a problem. Perhaps it becomes a problem when more than two Cubs are around.

I never tried the Bf-109 in multiplayer. But all the Accusim aircraft work without a hitch for us.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Regarding server flooding, many of the testers have taken this into account since the cub utilizing new features that were not available to us initially at its release. We have been sensitive to this issue since, and generally make it a point to test these areas. It doesn't mean something doesn't sneak by, but from time to time we will test the products on servers for this reason. The team is aware of it at least. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

So a 'Good news-Bad news' deal. Shame about the cockpit sharing. :( But good you've taken flooding into account. :D

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

That's agreed, because the servers are going to be really busy once this is released. I can see at least 4 people on one server already, and it ain't even released yet. Wonder how a server will handle 20+ C172's when the whole world and his dog has the 172?

As for plane sharing? Not my cup of tea really. I only tried it once and didn't see the point.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Tigerclaw wrote: As for plane sharing? Not my cup of tea really. I only tried it once and didn't see the point.

you obviously don't have as much to learn as I do. :D

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Oh I do Ron, believe me :D But then that's what Youtube is for isn't it? All my lessons come from youtube :D
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Pfft! I have a real live flying instructor I fly online with. :P

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”