C172 Avionics INFO and MANUALS

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
J van E
Staff Sergeant

Re: C172 avionics [public preview]

Post by J van E »

Just to be sure (so I won't be reading all those pdf's for nothing): EVERYTHING that's in the manuals is possible in the A2A C172R...? It's ALL simulated...? Or are there certain pages I should skip? I can hardly believe really everything is simulated: the first two pdf's together are 162 pages altogether...!!!

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

It's not that much, keep in mind that those manuals contain instructions for different avionics units, many of which are not present in the C172 (HSI, various intercoms or transponders). The autopilot manual contains instructions for three different versions, so some information is duplicated in that document in several places. It's similar situation when you get a real airplane or a car. You get several manuals (or one very thick if you're lucky) that describe all the options that may, or may not be installed in your particular machine.
But when it comes to the units that we actually put in the trainer, pretty much everything described in those manuals is simulated. Maybe except things that are of no use in the simulator, like ADF BFO mode, KX155 pilot configuration mode, squelch test or setting clock time.
But these don't take much space in those manuals anyway, so better get reading :)
Will there be an input Manager for the Radio Stack as well?
Would be really bice if i could add some Hardware on this beauty.
Input configurator for the autopilot. Radios are built on top of the FSX radio system, so they will work right away.
Michael Krawczyk

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

Ah, ok, I understand, thanks for the reply!

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

Cool, simply cool

Cannot wait to try this out. After years of waiting, the introductory trainer in Flight Simulator gets the ultimate work over it has always deserved.

Thanks for taking this one so far. I will probably have real difficulties in virtually climbing into anything without accusim from now on.

Off for a spin in a Spit, to pass the time...

A

Andrew Entwistle
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

HughesMDflyer4
Airman Basic

Post by HughesMDflyer4 »

The avionics look fantastic! Looking forward to flying this as soon as I can.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Sure looks nice!

I'm particularly interested about the avionics as one of the big reasons I'm looking forward to this sim is that I've long been thinking about flying through perhaps a somewhat shortened "flight training programme" up to IR or perhaps to CPL level. Just to get some practical perspective into the theory (I've found even the PC sims very good in that), as I've been dealing more with the technical side of things than with flying in reality.

Moreover, much of my... 'theoretical background' comes from electronics and telecommunications engineering, and I've always felt that the avionics are the most often under-simulated aspect in FSX products. While many concepts in navigation and instrumentation are perhaps somewhat hard to learn at first, they are actually quite logical and numerically predictable, or statistically dependable in real life, add or take a small random, and therefore I would think that they would be quite 'simulateable'.. :)

-Esa

Piperflyer777
Airman

Post by Piperflyer777 »

I have 2 questions. Will we be able to tow the sky hawk like the cub? And how long can we idle at full rich for the plugs to foul?

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

After looking at these avionics, and thinking about it a while, I'm not so sure I want to put my GNS530W in this plane. I quite like the idea of the suction mounted 295 cockpit, but not using a GPS at all.

I think this would be an ideal plane to use NDB's and VOR's for navigation, and access to the relevant information is for the most part available from one source or another. I have Simplates Ultimate for my tablet, and PC, and there's many web sites to get frequencies etc from. So yeah, why not. I'm pretty sure I can get from A to B using those methods. And I won't ruin the perfect cockpit that A2A has provided.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

I'm sure it would be difficult to do, and since A2A is moving forwards I doubt they would want to revisit finished aircraft, BUT in a future core Accusim update I would LOVE to see the suction mounted GPS available for the Spitfire, P-40 and Military P-51... Then flying these meticulously restored warbirds in FSX would feel far more like we are actually flying one today at an airshow or as a lucky owner! (And yes I have and fly the Civilian P-51 more than anything else I own...)

Joe
Joe

FlexFlier
Airman First Class

Post by FlexFlier »

Great work, A2A team! Wonderfully rendered avionics, and excellent for new pilots.

Are there any plans to offer and GNS1000 version :?: Perhaps a deal with FS2x? Since glass cockpits are becoming so prevalent it would not be out of character for a trainer.
Taildraggers rule!

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Re: C172 avionics FEATURES

Post by Neon »

Ahh the manuals. I've been looking for those, Thanks heaps Scott :D:D:D

awash2002
A2A ACE

Re: C172 Avionics INFO and MANUALS

Post by awash2002 »

The Nav2 radios transponder autopilot they do not display right or at all my DME does not display at all

Cycliste1961
Airman First Class

Post by Cycliste1961 »

Absolutely impressed by the functionality of these instruments. Congrats on a job well done. Again, this is the best sim for realism. :P
Intel i7-3770K, 16GB DDR3-1600 Ram, EVGA GTX970 FTW, Corsair AX 850, Windows 10 64bit, P3Dv3. TrackIR 5, CH Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant, 3 monitors. EFB, ASN on client computer

aprewett
Staff Sergeant

Post by aprewett »

Hello,
Being knew to all this, I have a question;
How do I press both buttons at once on the davtron?
If I understand correctly it simulates the alarm, but you need on a couple of application that you need to press both at the same time.

Allan

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Use the right mouse button to get this features of pressing several buttons or holding some buttons pressed.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”