Champion Aerospace sponsors the A2A Accu-Sim C172 Trainer

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Champion Aerospace, who has been creating spark plugs for aircraft for over a century is now an official sponsor of the new Accu-Sim C172 Trainer aircraft that’s currently being developed by A2A Simulations Inc. They now manufacture a broad range of aviation products including igniters, exciters, leads for turbine engines, oil filters, and ignition harnesses for reciprocating engines. A2A Simulations produces high-end flight simulations using their own proprietary Accu-Sim technology through Microsoft flight simulator products.

“A pilot should understand and develop proper habits to keep the spark plugs from fouling. When on the ground, this means keeping the engine running above the minimum recommended RPM and leaning when idling and taxiing. When in the air, you should also try to keep the airplane properly leaned except during high power operations, like takeoff and higher power climbs. Like many piston-powered aircraft, our Comanche would often foul a plug or two. It could sometimes be a challenge to clear them out during runup as well. All of these actions waste precious fuel and add more wear and tear on the motor. We recently replaced our older “massive” type spark plug with a “fine wire” type spark plug, and our spark plugs have not fouled yet. However, we still use the same techniques we learned while flying with the massive plugs, even with the fine wires. This will keep the newer plugs even cleaner and running better,” said Scott Gentile of A2A Simulations Inc.

“Just like the real planes, you can experience the actual effects of fouled plugs in the simulation. You may notice the engine is running a little rough but you should be able to isolate the side that has the fouled plugs during a mag check. Typically, you would lean the engine and throttle it up for 10 seconds or so, and then re-check the mags. Most of the time you can clear them, but you may once or twice experience a stubborn plug and have your mechanic pull and clean the plugs for you. The end result is, after you fly the Accu-Sim C172 trainer and experience this yourself, you will also develop good techniques and eventually a fouled plug will be a very rare event,” said Krzysztof Sobczak of A2A Simulations Inc.

More information about Champion Aerospace can be found at http://www.championaerospace.com
More information about A2A Simulations can be found at http://www.a2asimulations.com

A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Champion Aerospace sponsors the A2A Accu-Sim C172 Traine

Post by pjc747 »

May I be correct in predicting that the Cessna 172 trainer product may have a lower cost to the consumer compared to other Accusim products because of these sponsorships?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

PJC747,

These sponsorships pay for the added content. So, in the case of Champion Aerospace, they sponsored this massive / fine wire spark plug module and Phillips66 sponsored the added oil programming and features.

So, while the price is the same, the content is more.

The nice thing about these sponsorships is we actually chose to use their products in our aircraft prior to working with them. So we are comfortable having their product in ours and this is the first time their products have been simulated.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

I think that as a premium aircraft, the most advanced ever created for FS, the price will be high, but not astronomical. Regardless of sponsorship, A2A with Accusim is not a budget product, and needs to be priced at a point which reflects that status. I hope that extra funds from these sponsorships go towards future development, such as the cost of multiple recording flights on extremely rare/expensive aircraft (I'm sure that Fifi uses Philips66 and Champion products... ;) ) or to hire more developers and expand the team to put out more releases without sacrificing quality...

Thanks for keeping us updated, Scott. I like what I'm hearing!

Joe
Joe

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Our first detail shot of the exterior model... gorgeous 8)

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I'm more than happy to give A2A virtually all of my money for their fine products, as that enables them to keep producing other equally fine products.

Even when things are feeling particularly glacial as to when the next release date might be, the sense of anticipation only exists because I know that the end result will be staggeringly good.

I've paid more for A2A products than any other developer's products (including Microsoft), and it's well worth it every time.

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Post by Boon1986 »

Looks Reale cool... you make me on slow way the waiting time to a horible time hehehe :lol:
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

absolutely nice... great news, Scott! that's not FSX anymore... ^^ that's well... Acculive? xD

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

I see the wheel fairings are optional. Some people like them, some don't - personally, I rather like them so thats a great feature.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

on our club's Reims 172 we have the main wheel fairings mounted, the nose wheel fairing not. when it was mounted, we experienced some bad buffeting on the pedals so we decided to dismount it. As my home pedals don't have any force feedback, I probably wouldn't notice it, but maybe there are also differences simulated, not only in more drag and slower speed but also in less cleaner airflow and more shaking?

Greets
Marc

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Nice! I don't really worry about the price, as I'm sure it will be very reasonable (that is, not in higher hundreds.....) More content there is, the better. I don't purchase that many FS products that I would not be willing to pay for the features. I figure that the market for a high-value GA addon is perhaps smaller than that of a Boeing airliner, and I'm happy to see that you've found a market in flight training and some sponsors to help to produce these quality addons.

Now, I see that you use exclusively the sealed Concorde batteries (as opposed to 'flooded' ones from other manufacturer that are there per IPC). Are they your sponsor too? :)

zebra288
Airman First Class

Post by zebra288 »

Quick (maybe somewhat ott) question re: the 2 types of plugs.

In the sim are the fine wire plugs more suseptable to heat/detonation damage than the traditional type plug electrodes.

i.e If I send the EGT's through the roof can I melt an electrode or two? :twisted:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”