I've created an ADF radio using an Arduino interfacing with Lua to FSUIPC FSX. My references for Offsets are 0x0284 for the Standby and 0x034C for the Active. (For the main frequency components)
I have read that there is a FSX historical problem with 0x0284, as it is read only.
In Normal (Frequency Mode with Active and Standby visible) I seem to have no problems at all. I have implemented the button actions as advised per the Variable Listing.
When I change to FL/ET, I read the Active Offset 0x034C and change it with hardware knobs, but I have to use ipc.control(66741) --Radio Swap -- to make the 0x034C Offset actually change in the Sim, even though its Read/Write.
Using ipc.control(66741) also immediately changes the standby, rather than keeping it static. So when I switch back to Normal Frequency Mode, the Standby is not the same as when I moved to FL/ET. Offset 0x0284 being read only seems to create the complexity.
Is it a game changer? no, but I have tried countless ways to work out how to change the Active only when in FL/ET mode without changing the hidden Standby but none have been successful.
The ADF Sim knobs work their magic perfectly and I'd like try and replicate the outcome. I'm expect there must be some extra L: variables and combinations at work here. eg "L:AdfMode" switches between 0 and 1 , when the Frequency Button is pushed.
I would appreciate it if anyone with more experience could share if they have been able to replicate, with hardware, how the ADF Sim knobs change the frequencies.
thanks and kind regards,
One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests