Panels/Cockpits

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Panels/Cockpits

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Hi,

I don't mean to complain, I'm sure that v2.06 is quite good, but is the next patch going to include a reflective sight and fixed gauges/cockpit panels for the 109?
BM357_TinMan
My planes of interest:
109E4
P51B/C/D
Would love to see WoP planes in X-Plane

the belgian
BDG

Post by the belgian »

ah yes,about panels,
i noticed after installing 2.06 the artificial horizon in my hurri moved a little stuttering(as it was updated each 2 or 3 frames)in opposit to the one in the top-right corner.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

NP, everyone wants what they want in their favorite sim...........

The reflective gun sight is being worked on for 2.07 for the Spit. I am not sure about the 109. I guess it will depend on how the Spit gun sight goes.

The gauges have been a long term plan but we have not been able to get the required 3D Max modeller talent to complete the project. We just do not have the $ to hire someone as all our BOBII work is provided free (like all the patches) and no one has come forth to help with the required experience. The 109 is on our gauge fix list as well as other A/C gauges.

What little $ Shockwave has must be spent on money making new projects so the company can stay afoat. BOBII is not a money maker for Shockwave but we do what we can.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Smokin256
BDG

Post by Smokin256 »

The Belgian wrote;
"ah yes,about panels,
i noticed after installing 2.06 the artificial horizon in my hurri moved a little stuttering(as it was updated each 2 or 3 frames)in opposit to the one in the top-right corner."
Yeah the artificial horizon moves in distinct steps in pitch. It's always been this way. It seems to have one step every 5 degrees or so (just guessing). It would be great if someday that could be increased to one degree per step or something like that.

Buddye wrote:
"we have not been able to get the required 3D Max modeller talent to complete the project."
While it's true we don't have anyone with 3D modeling and gauge coding talent and experience, we do have someone willing, motivated and even if I do say so myself, resourceful. And that makes up for a lot imho. The powers that be just need to be willing to take a chance. It wouldn't cost them a thing. (Except for maybe the answer to an occasional question here and there :) .)

Cheers...............Smokin256

tamai
Airman Basic

Post by tamai »

Before I direct myself to this thread, first I want to contribute my thanks and deep appreciation to Scot of Shockwave and Buddye, Seavee etc and the “volunteer team”. I’m not sure of the composition of the team but my appreciation goes to all the Beta testers as well. It is very rare that an international product can be given immense added value without cost to the customer. Flight simulations give rise to all sorts of passions and every flyer has a genre they want. They way you deal with that diversity by promoting happiness and fun is a credit as well.

Myself, I’m an old time flight sim enthusiast going back now some 20 years. I enjoy the technical aspect of flying in a combat situation. In my opinion, given the immersion factor, this product is a “time capsule” historically and the best on the market.

So much effort is expended in creating a technical and historical flight simulation. It is a pity that the gauge modelling is not up to standard. I am a Hurricane flyer but as a kiwi will be moving to squadron 54 soon.

Buddye and the team, I might have a solution for you, as we the community are with you. You have no doubt a captivated market internationally. We all like your product. If money is a factor to progress the technical development, then why not call for our support. I am sure we will contribute. That is how in a practical way the community is able to contribute to the development of a great product.

As to fixing the cockpit modelling and gauge issues, I know Smokin 256 is interested as he noted in a thread (January 2007) a number of gauge and modelling irregularities. Those irregularities include realistic modelling of aircraft and working of gauges.

There has to be way where we can help…..If the financial support is not an option, then Scott (of Shockwave) could you please, please release the source code and model files to whoever in the community (looking at you Smokin with your 3D studio max and Stickman as an instrumentation and electrical mechanic) is able to fix this problem.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Smokin,

I think Scott is ready to start a team when 2.06 settles down looking at both the guages and the new object placement issues. I am always willing to help you in any way that I can.

I will help you get everything you require but as you know I am not a 3D modeller and do not understand the details.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Baza
BDG

Post by Baza »

First of all let me take this opportunity to thank all concerned in bringing us yet another major improvement in this brilliant sim.

To pick up tami's point about funding, I don't know any other company who have released a program that is continually worked on by the development team and where upgrades aren't charged for. I think that ironing out bugs and offering patches should be free but what we are given are improvements to the game beyond de-bugging. Personally, I wouldn't mind paying for upgrades to the game once funding has run out.

It's obvious from the requests for extra features in the many threads on this forum, that the sim has lots of scope for development - can we reasonably expect to continue to get these for free?
Last edited by Baza on 14 May 2007, 15:05, edited 2 times in total.
Barry

ASUS P5N32-E-SLI; Core2 Extreme QX6850(3GHz, 1333MHz FSB); 2xNVIDIA 8800 Ultra 768MB SLI; 2GB RAM PC6400 DDR2/800; Vista SP2; DX10; TIR5; mod MSFF2; Saitek Pro Flight - Quadrant, Pedals & Headset; TFS2; VAC; Dell 30"(2560x1600@60 hz)

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi Baza and tamai,

Thanks for you kind words and thoughts.

The volunteer BDG worker on this forum are committed to keeping BOBII running and growing as we love BOBII for many different reasons. They spend there spare time working to improve BOBII with both fixes and enhancements. Yes, it is a very special arrangement bewteen the BDG and Shockwave. It may never be done again but BOBII has a historical value and the BDG has invested so much time and effort.

If you want to contribute to Shockwave and the BOBII effort, we have provided a way that will keep us out of contract trouble. Just purchase a copy of the 2.06 download. Every penny will go to Shockwave for future development. If you have a copy already find a good future flight simmer and give it to them. The download 2.06 is just $20 and all the report to date have been very positive.
Buddye

Baza
BDG

Post by Baza »

How do I pay?
Barry

ASUS P5N32-E-SLI; Core2 Extreme QX6850(3GHz, 1333MHz FSB); 2xNVIDIA 8800 Ultra 768MB SLI; 2GB RAM PC6400 DDR2/800; Vista SP2; DX10; TIR5; mod MSFF2; Saitek Pro Flight - Quadrant, Pedals & Headset; TFS2; VAC; Dell 30"(2560x1600@60 hz)

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

You can buy the 2.06 download at the Shockwave store. I think you can pay with credit card or paypal.

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob
Buddye

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Yes, Buddye puts it well. The only way that the BDG volunteer group will survive and develop this further is if Shockwave continues. There are scarcely any producers left now. So the way to ensure that survival is in buying the download version. I have done so myself even. For a tenner, this is pretty good value.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Smokin256
BDG

Post by Smokin256 »

Yes, Good points all. Also you have Air Battles Sky Defender. If you have young ones in the house. Or if you have Nieces and nephews or Grand kids who visit. Then that Might be a nice thing to have on hand. Also don't forget the Wings of power series for FS9/FSX. The WWII fighters aircraft are available as individual downloads. As far as donations for Shockwave go these are probably the best bang for the buck. If you don't have it already go out and get yourself a copy of MSFS 2004 or FSX and then pick up some of the Wings of Power/ World War II fighters aircraft. You won't be disappointed. They really are that good.

I have often wondered if an airplane update pack for BoB II would be cost effective or if it would sell. Maybe a pack with the single seaters updated to near WWII fighters standards for 20 bucks. Or even individually for 15. And then follow with each of the two seaters, the Stuka and 110 updated with rear cockpits. And then maybe a flyable bomber. Package each of these with whatever bug fixes or new features are available at the time. I don't know, maybe the market just isn't there. I certainly would buy them.

Buddye wrote;
"I think Scott is ready to start a team when 2.06 settles down looking at both the guages and the new object placement issues. I am always willing to help you in any way that I can."
Thanks Buddye, You know me. Always chomping at the bit! I know that Scott is very busy right now. So I'll just bide my time. :)

Cheers...........Smokin256

Jethro
Technical Sergeant

Post by Jethro »

Payware addons may be a good thing to finance further developments IMHO... stuff like S256 suggested could work.

Oleg has made many of those jobs and it seems it worked.

J

Baza
BDG

Post by Baza »

Bought mine and consider it excellent value for money.

Barry
Barry

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Yes, Smokin's idea is very interesting. I think it would sell to the BOBII loyal customers.

Anyway it is an option to think about. Does any sim out there have a ju87 or bf110 rear seat position that can be manned? It must be complex with all the combat views or someone would have done it before. Hmm.
Buddye

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”