BOB2 in TripleHead ...

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
striker85
Airman

Post by striker85 »

Osram wrote:I have an idea which could help you a lot on this, so at least before you start, contact me, for example via ICQ.
Cool, I will definately be in contact with you before I attempt any work on this.

Osram wrote: They are very very strange; I see no "kink" (German "Knick") as you would expect from a real solution aimed at 3 flat panels. Their code seems more aimed at a round display. Better than the curren BoB solution, but not perfect on a display system made up of 3 flat displays. Or maybe I missed the "kinks"?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by kink... Maybe the image below will more accurately describe the implementation in IL-2.

Zorro
Senior Airman

Post by Zorro »

Any new news? Really excited that the 2.08 patch has the FOV increased to 135, but wondering if the IL-2 format of viewing has any will be added, if not in the 2.08 maybe later? I know you guys are very busy, and appreciate all your hard work. The 135 FOV is still a very nice improvement.

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

AFAIK the Il2 solution is aimed at a round display and not one made of three planar ones? If so, I am not sure why we should follow their lead?

Zorro
Senior Airman

Post by Zorro »

Good point Osram. I know little how it works and have not tried IL in Triple Head. Thinking in terms of a 3 viewing system. What ever needs figuring, if it's figurable, will be figured out, I figure.

Zorro
Senior Airman

Post by Zorro »

This is what I was referring to if possable. Nonetheless the 135 FOV is very appreciated. A big improvement over the 110 FOV. This somehow was a set up for three monitors. I do not know code nor have any idea if possable but if it is this is what would be nice.

Click on pic for larger view.

-Zorro-
Airman First Class

Re: BOB2 in TripleHead ...

Post by -Zorro- »

Thought I would bump this for all the Triple head and future triple headers. I havn't hooked up the 3togo yet but very soon, thus do i just change the 110 to 125 in the BDG? Thanks for any replies. If I worked on setting up my triple head more than talking about it I would have set it up long ago. Making room for the monitors is what I am trying to sort out. Hopefully before my wife returns from visiting her neice. As a side point enjoying the Force feedback stick.

Zorro ends his post off topic as usual. His wandering and adventureous mind races as he imagines the fun and glory flying with the Force feedback stick, track ir and the all elusive ... but some day soon thriple head set up. Pretending it is all ready set up he opens his little brown paper bag in expectation of getting air sick. Drinking a fourth cup of coffee his nerves are on edge but ready to fly against the hun in the greatest air battle man has ever expierenced. "Maybe if i rock my chair around i can get the effect" he thinks to himself as he moves his flabby backside on his chair. Hmmm... I should place a pillow under my backside as it would make more like sitting on a parachute just like the real deal. His stomach gets upset from too much coffee. Snapping out of his day dream he presses the submitt....

-Zorro-
Airman First Class

Re: BOB2 in TripleHead ...

Post by -Zorro- »

Osram brought me up to speed... for those triple headers.. "enable ALLOW_ULTRA_HIGH_FOVS in the bdg.txt" What a great bunch..what a great sim!!!

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”