Another question whilst I wait for BOB

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Target
Airman

Another question whilst I wait for BOB

Post by Target »

Do the AI bomber gunners have lazer sights on their guns like they do in IL2 offline? (Funny thing about that is the lazer sights disappear as soon as I take up one of the gunner's positions. :? ) I gave up on attacking the bombers in IL2, but with BOB I'm hoping to a have a fair chance of survivig a run on the bombers. Employing the proper tactics of course.
Tally hoho

Banquet
Airman First Class

Post by Banquet »

Hi Target,

The AI bomber gunners definitely don't have the sniper like efficiency of IL2 I'm glad to say! In fact I was a little surprised, the first time I attacked a big bomber formation, at how little defensive fire was coming at me.. but after making a few passes at the bombers I was smoking rather badly and missing some rather important part of my elevators so I guess they did ok! :lol:

Mind you I was mostly just sitting behind them randomly spraying them with bullets, hardly advanced tactics. Overall I'd say it's about right. If you go in with your fellow squadron pilots and fly intelligently (I'm still working on that one!) then you may get hit, but won't get peppered all the time from miles away like in IL2.

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

In the 2.05 patch the gunners have been described as snipers but nowhere near as bad as the IL2 ones. If you weave and make sweeping passes you can attack them and survive.

In the upcoming 2.06 patch the bomber gunners have been tamed down to make them more realistic with more bullet dispersion on the guns to reflect the fact that they were hand held and difficult to aim. You can still get shot down if you fly straight and level behind them though.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

Banquet
Airman First Class

Post by Banquet »

Tako_Kichi wrote:You can still get shot down if you fly straight and level behind them though.
Oh yeah, that was me! I didn't think anyone saw me.. :lol:

eif87
Senior Airman

Post by eif87 »

Tako_Kichi wrote: You can still get shot down if you fly straight and level behind them though.
Guilty :lol: :wink:

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”