Adding new squadrons...

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Storm
Airman

Adding new squadrons...

Post by Storm »

I have been doing alot of photoshop to try throw together a few paints, insignias, and suff to make a halfway decent 71 Sqdron Spitfire (Eagle Squadron...how can you guys leave out that out of the game...tisk tisk...)...

...anyways, so now do I add a new squadron to the drop down list?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Storm
Airman

Post by Storm »

By the way, I noticed (actually, this is kind of hard to miss...) that you can tie unique plane markings to individual aircrafts...

...is there a way to spice things up and tie kill markings to a pilot?

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Actually, Number 71 Squadron wasn't around for the Battle of Britain. They weren't operational until the winter of 1940, which is after the official period. Not by much, mind you.. And they flew Hurricanes, btw, until the mid summer of 1941.

A great link here. See what they did to their Buffaloes :)
http://www.fourthfightergroup.com/eagles/71.html

Anyway, if you wanted to add a scheme, then that's fantastic- a lot of Americans love to fly in the Eagle Squadron. Nice scheme too.
I guess you have worked out the .ms text files in the Multiskin folder? They are fairly easy to understand.

There is also some info in the RAF Multiskin shots thread on how to add personal ID letters to your plane.
http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=6414

Concerning kill markings, there is no reason why you could not add an emblem, much as the Hexagon beneath the cockpit on number 85 Squadron. But right now I don't see an automatic output of the number of kills from the game so you'd need to update the texture in the file manually.

In the future, as part of a pilot campaign, this sounds like a good thing to add.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Storm
Airman

Post by Storm »

Aye, I already got the .ms files figured out...but how do you add a new unit so that when I go into, lets say, instant action, I can pick "No. 71 Squadron"...

...right now I just have the markings painted on a 610 Spitfire...

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

Sorry, but adding a new unit needs a coder right now :(.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”