Troubles with rudder.

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
withnail
Airman First Class

Troubles with rudder.

Post by withnail »

Hi,
I have a basic joystick that has no twist and I don't have pedals.
Is there a way to instigate auto rudder?
I've tried using rudder with joystick buttons but I'm not sure if what I'm doing to be honest.
To be fair I am not an experienced flyer and I'm not sure when rudder should be applied (apart from when taking off to counter the prop).
Thanks in advance for any help
WN

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Re: Troubles with rudder.

Post by rogeroger »

Hi withnail.

When banking left or right it's best to use a combination of rudder and ailerons(joystick x axis). Rudder is also used for lining up your target.

I don't think this sim has an an arcade auto rudder setting, at least I cant find one.
I would probably map the rudder to joystick buttons 3 and 4 located below the pov.You could also map to pov left and right.

I used a standard non twist joystick after my beloved MS sidewinder joystick packed up and I reeeeally missed the rudder twist function.
A logitech extreme 3d pro would be a reasonably priced investment that you wont regret, it makes for a more realistic and enjoyable flying experience.

withnail
Airman First Class

Re: Troubles with rudder.

Post by withnail »

I too had a MS sidewinder force feedback that first used with CFS1 back in the day.
Thanks, I'll try the pov buttons.
So it's OK to have rudder on an ON/OFF button rather than an analogue style arrangement.
Lining up the target is a good poin too.
cheers
wn

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”