Suggestions or ideas for the next patch to BobII

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
PV
BDG

Post by PV »

I looked through all the keycards and the v2.04 manual (though not exhaustively), and found no reference anywhere to this "shift-numpad enter" keystroke. This has set me to thinking, in regard to the future of the manual - it's much too late for the 2.05 release, but for further in the future - it would be an excellent addition to have a complete key-command reference. Essentially a listing of each valid keystroke command, with the default name, default key combo, and a few lines describing clearly what exactly it does. I imagine it would appear as an appendix, coupled with the keycard pages. I know it's easy to suggest what would be a lot of work for someone else to do, but consider it a wishlist item.

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Hi Pete,

There is no reference to this key command in the 2.04 downloadable manual. This is one of many that are key commands in the actual control configuration capabilities but not specifically cited nor in the key cards images.

I agree an appendix with at least summary info on ALL the key commands would be a good thing.
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

PappyCain
BDG

Post by PappyCain »

A working compass!! :D
"Was it something I said?" - 'Moggy' Cattermole 'Piece of Cake'
Core 2 Duo E6700, ASUS P5N-E-SLI, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400,ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti, Coolermaster 650W PSU and Case, Audigy 2ZS Platinum, 5.1 Z-640, XP Pro, 22" CHIMEI LCD

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Pappycain,

In the meantime try to find a link to download Smokin256 or Stickman's Spirtfire gauge mods. They include a working compass heading indicator tape which looks good in the Spit but not as good in the Hurricane. I'd rather have that than none at all in either like it is now. Plus the guages are much clearer than stock in the Spit as well.

As far as future suggestions for the game:

I'd absolutely love to see the implementation of an ME109 fighter/bomber capability like the Erprobrungsruppe 210 actually had during the BoB. Major strategic and tactial failure on the LW not to recognize if they had further refined this and made it more widespread it would have done alot to fill the void left by withdrawal of the Stuka early in the Battle. They proved to be even more effective than the Stuka but with only 20 planes they were too few in number to make a huge difference.

A quote from The Most Dangerous Enemy:

"The Luftwaffe probably flew something like 13,500 sorties from Eagle Day to 6 September , and the 20 or so aircraft of Erprobrungsgruppe 210 probably accounted for no more than 2-3% of them. Yet the damage they did in putting out the radar system, damaging Biggin Hill, rendering Manston unserviceable and damaging the Vickers works at Weybridge represented a greater threat than almost everything else put together."
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

Low_Flyer
BDG

Post by Low_Flyer »

First off, many thanks to all involved in improving this game. It is truly appreciated.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but...

Any chance that the oversized prop spinner on the Hurricane can be remodelled? The cockpit glass looks a bit opaque on external views too. Oh, and the wingtip lights don't look finished. (edit: this appears to be in replays only) It really isn't up to the lovely standard of the Spitfire, which is a pity IMHO.

I've also noticed that the Stuka prop spinner disappears when viewed from certain angles. Is it just me?
Last edited by Low_Flyer on 07 Jan 2007, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

PappyCain
BDG

Compass

Post by PappyCain »

Desk compass overlaid on sim map:

http://pappycain.proboards42.com/index. ... 1133982469

I also use an enlarged wall map to orient myself and have been known to be creative:

http://pappycain.proboards42.com/index. ... 1128888310

Having a IN-COCKPIT compass is essential and that they overlooked it is a pity especially if one is really into immersion and realistic flight conditions. Thanks for heads up I will look for the mod! :D

S'
"Was it something I said?" - 'Moggy' Cattermole 'Piece of Cake'
Core 2 Duo E6700, ASUS P5N-E-SLI, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400,ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti, Coolermaster 650W PSU and Case, Audigy 2ZS Platinum, 5.1 Z-640, XP Pro, 22" CHIMEI LCD

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”