Suggestions or ideas for the next patch to BobII

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

McMick...
Can we see more semi-nude ladies on the sides of aircraft, please?
:wink: This is a request to modders,
and not to bug swatters and new feature implementors.

That said, awhile back I had fun putting some lightly, barely, and not!
clothing clad ladies on some of my bombers. :)

These were with the old textures, but full filling such an artistic type request,
will full fill my desire to familiarize myself with the new textures,
and also to get a lady close to my nose.

Also I need a break from testing and making moan lists about broken stuff,
and get back to making things that please me, like,
flying in the face of history buffs,
infuriating church going folks,
over turning the politically correct tables,
putting the pinups back up back up on the shop walls,
painting my horse my own way.
and generally ignoring established opinions of what is right and wrong!

That said, publicly I can produce for show no new nude ladies,
as this may breed banishment from this forum,
which I am guarded not to allow,
whereas privately they can be provided.
For private personal requests, I usually demand another image
of 1940 era authenticity that may serve my purposes,
as payment.

----

For any requests, here is my e-mail address:

stickleye001(at)hawaii.rr.com

Specify preferred aircraft.
All painted files will likely be doubled in resolution
to allow the lady to be seen proper.
If I dislike the lady, I may refuse to work on her.
Mostly tho, I prefer the company of bad women
to that of good men.

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Kadett wrote:
Bader wrote: Yeah I think Rowan saw Boscombe Down and because it was solely a Bomber base after later 41, early 42, thought OK it must be bomber command then. Its actually a historically significant fighter command field as the BOBs only VC receipient (Eric James Brindley Nicolson) flew from there with 249 Sqn. The only thing I am still trying to research is what the airfield looked like in 1940, which seems hard to pin down.
I think I see the problem. Rowan used the seminal "Battle of Britain - Then and Now" extensively. We know this from their internal notes. There is no better reference book for airfields. And Boscombe Down is not in its 820 page contents.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Kadett wrote: Yeah I think Rowan saw Boscombe Down and because it was solely a Bomber base after later 41, early 42, thought OK it must be bomber command then. Its actually a historically significant fighter command field as the BOBs only VC receipient (Eric James Brindley Nicolson) flew from there with 249 Sqn. The only thing I am still trying to research is what the airfield looked like in 1940, which seems hard to pin down.
Do Rowan have Boscombe Down in the right place? I was rather suspicious that they put it wrong, too close to Salisbury by about 3 miles, as they have it essentially between Winterbourne Earls and Stratford-sub-Castle, while the modern Boscombe Down Airport is right between Boscombe and Amesbury, and in fact pretty much where they had misplaced Stonehenge. I was going by my AZ Britain Roadmap; but looking with Google Maps, I see there is in fact an old grass airfield still in use at the location Rowan have chosen for "Boscombe Down". This leads me to wonder, is that the old location for Boscombe Down field, and the new one is a later usurper of the name, or did Rowan choose a neighbouring field instead of the correct one?

Don E. Brooke
Airman First Class

Post by Don E. Brooke »

Kadett
Airman

Post by Kadett »

PV wrote:
Kadett wrote: Yeah I think Rowan saw Boscombe Down and because it was solely a Bomber base after later 41, early 42, thought OK it must be bomber command then. Its actually a historically significant fighter command field as the BOBs only VC receipient (Eric James Brindley Nicolson) flew from there with 249 Sqn. The only thing I am still trying to research is what the airfield looked like in 1940, which seems hard to pin down.
Do Rowan have Boscombe Down in the right place? I was rather suspicious that they put it wrong, too close to Salisbury by about 3 miles, as they have it essentially between Winterbourne Earls and Stratford-sub-Castle, while the modern Boscombe Down Airport is right between Boscombe and Amesbury, and in fact pretty much where they had misplaced Stonehenge. I was going by my AZ Britain Roadmap; but looking with Google Maps, I see there is in fact an old grass airfield still in use at the location Rowan have chosen for "Boscombe Down". This leads me to wonder, is that the old location for Boscombe Down field, and the new one is a later usurper of the name, or did Rowan choose a neighbouring field instead of the correct one?

I dont think the location is exactly right either. From reading some of 249 Sqns account's of BOB the airfield they were using was grass, not some huge concrete runway as currently modeled in BOB (take look the runway is bigger than Tangmere). I cant be sure as the photo I have of Boscombe was during work done in the 30s which show the field as grass only. I think the concrete runway depicted was not the BOB airifeld but was built later on (41-42 posibly) to accomodate bombers and is the runway layout that exists on the current base today.

headwax
Airman First Class

geese

Post by headwax »

sugestions:

formations that don't turn as one, ie planes that do individual things/turns within certain parameters

wingman that don't fly through you if you don't turn fast enough

Uriah
Senior Airman

Post by Uriah »

Change the outside view looking at your plane (when not padlocked on a target) from 'plane on a stick' to the plane on a rollercoaster. If the view following your plane followed the route going thru the air at about say 200 feet I could get much more of feel that I was flying AND would not have the plane filling my vision so I could not see much else.

And,
breake up the paddlocking system between targeting the plane (or subject) and paddlocking it - and then alow panning back and forth between the paddlock and forward view.

AND
get ONLINE play like Oleg's stuff
Race you to the Mucky Duck!

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Uriah wrote:Change the outside view looking at your plane (when not padlocked on a target) from 'plane on a stick' to the plane on a rollercoaster. If the view following your plane followed the route going thru the air at about say 200 feet I could get much more of feel that I was flying AND would not have the plane filling my vision so I could not see much else.
When in external view, try pressing the numpad minus and plus keys.

Also try pressing CTRL + the numpad MINUS and numpad PLUS keys. (It might be SHIFT instead of CTRL but I can't double check until tonight).

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

The trick used in the "chase" view in SDOE which gives a beautiful cinematic effect is that the view is not fixed relative to the plane's orientation, but rather follows the track that the plane is flying, like a following plane. This provides the "rollercoaster" motion effect, and is a great way to watch a plane on autopilot.

ick53993
BDG

Post by ick53993 »

[edited]
Last edited by ick53993 on 15 Nov 2006, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Thanks, Ick as always your report is very good.

I think the landscap guys need to look at Pembrey and Colerne.

The other issue is the town and forest raises=on. I am not sure what can be done but I will add it to the to be investigated list.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

HurricaneHicken
BDG

Post by HurricaneHicken »

I've already sort of sorted Pembrey Buddye. Did you see my post on the beta forum about my Pemrey problem?

I'll move Colerne this week and get a new terrain out in time for 2.05, although the changes will be minor from the last one.
God save the King!

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Great!

And good catch, Ick. Excellent report. Thanks.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Bought DeFarm
Airman First Class

Post by Bought DeFarm »

Hello.

Is there any further news on the likely release date and content of 2.05?

"Well done everybody. Home and tea. For once you deserve it."

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Here is the current content that I have on my list. We do not have a plan for a ship date which I am very embarrassed to have to say.

2.05 Changes

1.Reduce Wind effect by75% default (bdg.txt parameter Wind_Effects_Fraction= 0.25 if users want as is today set to 1.00 )
2.Delete Wind Gust (causes jumps/warps in AI’s performance)
3. Exclude Ju87 from Gearup Call
4.Fix Ju87 Takeoff in Novice from Tangmere
5.Prevent CTD, in TargetClosureGreaterThan
6.Prevented Campaign from being used with Novice AI
7.Reduced the Number of Fighter blowups to less than 10%
8.Prevented CTD in RemoveFromSector when sector is NULL
9.Added a Novice_Gunnery_Predictor feature (Bdg.txt control)
10.Prevented crashes on the runway at air fields (the age old ObjectAdds renaming workaround problem)
11. MultiSkin Switch in the BDG.txt added (4 positions see bdg.txt) (Osram)
12. MultiSkin preload added for 250M video card (Osram)
13. MultiSkin preload added for 128M video card (Osram)
14. Added code to smooth the scissor maneuvre
15 Added BDG.txt Rain (off/on) switch for inclement weather at user request
16. Fix/prevented CTD in AssignFuelTruck()
17. Added Transition to the end of Disengage Maneuvre
18. Added Death_Breaks_Padlock feature that Reto started
19. Prevented a CTD in DecisionMessage (non-repeatable)
20. Added Bdg.txt parameters for “Spin” control
Spin_AOA_Control = 17.500 (degrees default)
Spin_Rotational_Velocity_Control = 14.325 (degrees/Sec. default)
21.Fixed TrackIR ID 7001 (Thanks to Retro)
22.Fixed VE Center Position in Spit (thanks to Retro)
23. Fixed AssignFuelTruck CTD back in Auto_Land
24.Fixed CTD in NodeData caused by a bad pointer
25. Fixed 128MB Video card VRAM issue (Osram)
26. Fixed CTD when selecting Historic Kenley mission for low Alt Do17 then selecting Cabbage5
27. Suppress the Unresolved UIDS error in BFIELDS. Can not be any worse than now
28. Added Bdg.txt AI_Always_Sees_Enemy so the AI A/C will be seen (default=OFF) which can be used to assist the “engage” issues.
29. Added Bdg.tx Wingmen_Always_Sees_Enemy so the wingmen will always see the enemy AI when a R-3-1 (bandits) is issued (default=OFF)
30. Implemented a “attack my target” which is a last resort “engage” using the R-3-5 (Help) so that your wingmen will attack a fight of enemy AI’s when you have first padlocked an enemy AI A/C.
31. Fixed the peel off maneuver so it will fly directly toward the enemy target after the peel off for a more timely engage.
32. Fixed Hurricane white nose with Multiskin
33. Moved Hurricane pilot forward
34. Added "version 2.05" to the opening UI screen
35. Adjusted LOD for HANGR2
36. Improved ground explosions with more dynamic shockwaves and fireballs
37. Improved bullet ground hit effects
38. Optimized burning trail effects for better framerates
39. Fixed all the disengage bugs so the wingmen AI A/C and enemy AI A/C stay engaged and fight until the “go Home” criteria is met (no Ammo, low fuel, or major damage that prevents a good fight). Note: skill and morale will not be used to determine whether to engage but are used to determine how well the AI fight.
40. Fixed a personal threat smoothing issue where an AI has a hit or near miss on a target by adding a transition (old method had no transition so jumps could occur depending the state of the maneuver when the personal threat shot was taken).
41. Fix a CTD GetWeaponLauncher caused by a null pointer.
42. Added the “blrtp” (behave like Rowand Type Plane) feature as a step along the path to being able to add new A/C without having to change C++ code.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”