Nominations of Mods for stock issue

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
stickman
BDG

Re: Nominations of Mods for stock issue

Post by stickman »

Thanks, guys. I adjusted the vote count.

redband_151,

scoobared's Debris modification is on this post:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 15#p128733

The download is at the bottom of the post, where it says Attachments. I downloaded it last night OK.

redband_151
BDG

Post by redband_151 »

Thanks Stickman!
Abit IP35-Pro; Intel Core 2 duo 6850 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme and 120 MM Scythe fan, 4 GB Corsair DDR2-1066, XFX (G92) 8800 GTS, OCZ Gamestream 700., 320 MB Seagate sata HDD, Asus sata 20x DVDRW w/ light scribe, and a no name floppy

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

I put your link to Soupdragon's Radio sounds up at the first post, and added it to the vote.
Currently your vote and mine for Yes: 2, No: 0.

Cannot remember the argument why these radio sounds are not better than the old ones.
They sound more like radio coming in to me. The Player's voice remains the same, and you have a clear difference of what Player says and what comes over the radio.
This is an old BoB1 mod, and the first sound mod ever made, I think. Long time BoB players keep asking for it.
Thanks for the re-supply.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Before I get into Sound Modifications for BoBII, file nominations, of which there be many...

Let's first vote on who made the best version of the song Hey Joe?

I grew up with Jimi Hendrix and Deep Purple's versions. But I never listened to all the other variations.

Here is all versions. Brew a pot of coffee, first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgEC57M2E2w

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never the less, in my MODS folder for BoBII I have some sound mods that I like and use.
Will nominate them later.

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

A definite yes on Soupdragon's radio sounds.

Hey Joe was tough,,, maybe it was the cheap Canadian in the coffee, but except for maybe 3 or 4, liked them all.
Was going to go #1 with Wilson Pickett then saw a joint in Lenny Krantz's mouth (this is a cannabis song if ever heard) so was going to give him #1
but then the last one,,,yah know the pole dancer, made me change my vote again.
So top three,,,
1. Pole Dancer
2. Lenny Krantz :mrgreen:
3. Wilson Pickett
hellcat

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Thanks for the vote, Hellcat. Duly tallied.

You obviously did really really listen to all 26 versions of "Hey Joe"! :)
Well... it has always been one of my favorite songs.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What sound mods should we promote to stock issue?
There have about 100 different sound mods that have been made, and I tried all of them,
but with so many, I never could really decide what was truest, or even what I like and use as "Must Have" sound Mods.

So... I look into my personal Mods folder today, and see what I always load into game.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

HAZZIE'S Para sounds

http://www.mediafire.com/download/58d4t ... sounds.zip

We all get shot down, sooner or later.
These are sounds you will get when the parachute opens (if it does) and as you fall to the sea.
Also includes a better sound when your aircraft crashes into the sea.

I did not include HAZZIE'S "aargh" sound if the parachute does not open, and the pilot knows he is going to die.
His version sounds like a man REALLY PROTESTING HIS NEEDLESS DEATH! WHO THE FAAK PACKED THIS PARACHUTE! :evil:
The stock version sounds like Aarrgh! OK. I am going to die. I should have packed the parachute myself. Oh, well, nothing lasts forever. It is God's will. :roll:
Personally, I use HAZZIE's radical "aargh" sound.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

The other sounds that I have in my Mods folder in BoBII are Boreas Aircraft Sounds.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dqx4k ... Sounds.zip

This has:
1. The RAF engine sounds.
2. The .303 RAF machine gun sounds.
3. A landing on grass field rolling under carriage sound
4. A LuftWaffe engine start flywheel sound
5. Two canopy glass ricochet sounds.

Note! This week I replaced the Boreas Gunbrwn sound file with one just made by PieceOfCake.
PieceOfCake put a little more bass sound upon the same file that Boreas made last year, and that I have been using for months.
So.. PieceOfCake and I also, chose the same Boreas .303 gun sounds as choice sound.
There is an agreeably mutual connection of opinion here. 2 votes!
I give here the version made by PieceOfCake.
I believe in the FACT of evolution, unlike 50% of my fellow US Americans, whom say "If it ain't in The Holy Bible, it ain't true!" :roll:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, these sound files are also in my "must have" Mods folder back pack.

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

HAZE also did a Gunbrwn sound that I've been using you may want to try.
Another subjective tough vote,,,but
1.PieceOfCake/Boreas' hopefully not sterile hybrid
2.HAZZIE
3.Boreas original
hellcat

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Hell Cat,

We won't be using any USA .50 caliber machine gun sounds to represent 8 each British .303 caliber machine gun sounds.
That would be improper, and our UK cousins would surely object! :wink:

Thank you for the .50 caliber nomination, anyway, and your votes. Duly counted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Rowan did make a line in the models \ Weapons folder
for a USA .50 caliber machine.
As shown here in yellow with my current file:

>
# ATTENTION: Whitespace (spaces, tabs etc) are important!
#
Weapon { LT_BULLET_RAF 7400000 4 8 BULLET } #stickman
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_RAF 7470000 8 8 BULLET } #Rowan's Baseline
Weapon { LT_BULLET_050_CAL 8800000 8 8 BULLET50 } # WK 12.08.07 US 0.50 cal machine gun Browning .50 M2
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_RAF 7500000 5 8 BULLET } #Buddye Based on Bader's 303 gun data
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_RAF 7500000 7 8 BULLET } #Test to reduce kills
Weapon { LT_BULLET_LUF 8550000 4 8 BULLET } #stickman
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_LUF 8110000 8 8 BULLET } #Rowan's Baseline
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_LUF 7750000 5 4 BULLET } #/Buddye Based on Bader's gun Data
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_LUF 7750000 7 4 BULLET } #test to reduce kills
Weapon { LT_BULLET_REAR 7550000 7 8 BULLET } #stickman
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_REAR 8110000 4 8 BULLET }
Weapon { LT_CANNON 6000000 16 4 CANNON } #stickman
# Weapon { LT_CANNON 5490000 8 4 CANNON } #Rowan's Baseline
# Weapon { LT_CANNON 6000000 16 4 CANNON } #Buddye Based on Bader's gun data
Weapon { LT_BOMB 0 50 0 BOMB }
Weapon { LT_BOMB500 0 50 0 BOMB }
Weapon { LT_BOMBPAIR500 0 50 0 BOMB2 }
Weapon { LT_BOMB1000 0 50 0 BM1000 }
Weapon { LT_CONTACT 0 0 0 DUMMY } # The last line always has to look like this. The bob.exe code may use this to find the end of the list.
<

Now.. that line does not work, and I believe it to be a holdover relic from the Rowan mother of Battle of Britain, Mig Alley, which had Mustangs and Corsairs. :)
Even though it is not "commented out" in this Weapons file, I think that is "commented out" in the MAIN CODE.
But.. I ain't sure. It don't do nothing, and the other lines do, because I fiddled with them many a day.
Don't try and fiddle with the BOMB lines. Nothing good is going to happen if you do! :shock:

Another few mentions:
1. The lines that I modified above are from serious research as per machine gun rates of fire and bullet velocities.
Two other Players that are also "gun nuts" and care about such things have also advised similar settings.
2. There is a bad DISCONNECT on how the German kanon MG FF fires between the ME109 and the ME110.
The realistic rates of fire can only be made true to one, but not the other. :evil:
I compromised (between the two) with the old Rowan stock setting of 8. I could not find anywhere else in the models folder files to fix this. Sorry.
I do want this disparity to be fixed. When a coder than can find out why it exists.
3. This Weapons file above is going to be stock issue for v2.13.
This is not up for a vote.
Unless someone else is better informed about this, and did as much exhausting testing as I have done.

This does slightly increase the rate of fire for the British .303 Brownings and the German 7.92mm MG 17 aircraft machine guns,
and the German 7.92mm MG 15 handheld bomber machine guns.
So.. the AI pilots will run out of ammunition a little bit faster than in v2.12, depending on their SKILL.
It is always up to the Player how long he holds down the trigger. :wink:

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

stick,,, thought Gunbrwn snd were 30 cal in this sim??
But now mentioned,,, 50 cal snd would be pretty cool especially if the oomph was there too.
Yeah,,,them 109's wouldn't last much longer than that there fireball prone Zero :mrgreen:
hellcat

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Boreas Terrain

By Boreas. Our UK cousin from Kent.

Boreas has been constantly refining this mod for 2 years, now. Always making it better.
I am using his last version minus some things, and plus some things that I prefer.

This is the Boreas Terrain Final that I proposed to the BDG for stock issue:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j5h7r ... _final.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two27, our BoBII Campaign coder has twice written that this terrain looks much better than the "old washed out look" as he put it, current stock terrain.
He has my ultimate respect and his opinions count a lot with me.
I told him that I consider what he wrote a nomination, so here it is.

Bill, our MultiSkin artist from Dundee, also likes the Boreas terraain:
"I have been using Boreas's series of terrain mods and I like them. Tried the one you uploaded and I do prefer the lighter trees.
You can consider my vote to be a change from current stock to some variation of Boreas."

PV our Canadian BoBII terrain mapper guru declined to vote.
The only thing that he constantly complained about was the old blendmap river/streams. HAZZIE made a blendmap river/stream line that he finally approved of. OK. Done.

Personally I have never liked the old stock terrain textures, no matter how proper they may be for August and September,
and have always used a mod by Rummy called "Green Acres".
I like the Boreas terrain better, minus the very dark trees and forest top texture, which I think is currently dark enough.
Stock issue blendmap file will be the one I made with HAZZIE's river/stream line that made PV happy.

We can keep the old Landmap2 textures in a new folder named MODS. We don't want to lose them.

So, the four core BDG v2.13 developers have voted. 3 votes Yes, 1 Abstain.

Now it is up for vote to the Players.

------------------------------------

Tangmere. Old lighter tree colors.

The "fake" woods might be a bit darker than the real woods, but I don't notice that much.

An (Artificial Intelligence) otter diving for fish. :P

redband_151
BDG

Post by redband_151 »

personally I like Boreas's greener terrain look. I always thought the stock terrain was too washed out. During my one brief trip
to Britain in late June of one year the colors reminded me of Oregon where I live. Its quite green here and even during the dryest
months of August and September it's still more green than washed out. I say leave it.
Abit IP35-Pro; Intel Core 2 duo 6850 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme and 120 MM Scythe fan, 4 GB Corsair DDR2-1066, XFX (G92) 8800 GTS, OCZ Gamestream 700., 320 MB Seagate sata HDD, Asus sata 20x DVDRW w/ light scribe, and a no name floppy

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Thanks, redband.
I counted that as a vote for Yes for the cloudy, rainy, wetter looking Boreas terrain.

You have been a long time BoB1 and BoBII player. You vote is especially appreciated.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

The BDG is now done making any more big development changes for BoBII v2.13,
and has drawn the line - whereas no more major BDG development work will be done for v2.13.
Now we are only making some Manual edits and Campaign Help? file edits to reflect the many changes done.
This will take a few months to make good.
Then we will officially release v2.13.

Therefore, this polling station will close on 13 August (Eagle Day), 2015. Votes tallied then, and files accepted herein delivered to Scott.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

It is now Eagle Day, polling station is now closed, and all votes have been counted.

Thank you all, and Aloha!

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”