Nice Sim But

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
ARFF1Tampa
Airman Basic

Nice Sim But

Post by ARFF1Tampa »

As usual, this sim plays fine thru the tutorial missions with 1 or 2 planes in the air. But when the actual wartime combat is required, even with everything turned down, it's slow as SH&t. As usual, I'll have to save it for 5 years until I can play it with more than ONE plane in the air. Of course by then it won't run under whatever version of windows happens to be out. Nice adding all these graphics and such, when the majority of todays 2-ear old to present computers can't even run them sufficiently. Not to pick on this company alone. THEY ALL DO IT. Fu*K FLIGHT SIMS!!!! Iv'e had it with them.

the_soupdragon
BDG

Post by the_soupdragon »

Excuse me?
Are you talking about the same game I 'm playing?
I see and fly through huge numbers of Axis formations and my fps rarely gets below 20.
are you talking about a speific flight?

BTW
I am drunk :Hic:

SD

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

:Hic:

Tristan
Airman First Class

Post by Tristan »

How about posting system specs? That could clear up a few mysteries.

ARFF1Tampa
Airman Basic

Post by ARFF1Tampa »

Well 20 FPS or below is unacceptable for me in a flight sim. Esp when flying thru a formation and trying to shoot. Every game out runs flawlessly on my machine (Doom3, COD2, everything but Battlefield2 as it doesn't support GeForce4ti ) P4 2.1ghz 1gig ram Geforce 4 ti except LOMAC, which since I got 1 gig of Ram runs ok, but have not tried an actual mission in it since I upgraded the memory to 1 gig. But with all the options turned all the way down BOB2 should be playable, it isn't.

ARFF1Tampa
Airman Basic

Post by ARFF1Tampa »

Oh and just looked at the minimum system specifications on the box and I have more than double (mostly triple) the recommended. Plus other problems, high detail water is BLACK. Map messed up when zoomed unless I download old recommended video card drivers. And it would be nice if you could READ the numbers on the compass for the British aircraft (axis and all other cockpit graphics are fine). Showing the info. bar to see heading is cheating and kills sim realism.

Tristan
Airman First Class

Post by Tristan »

Well, it doesn't sound like you'd be interested in any suggestions I might have. Sorry I couldn't help.

scoochy
Senior Airman

Post by scoochy »

I don't think he is asking for help. He's just ranting.

Rummy
BDG

Post by Rummy »

The water uses shaders I don't think a ti4200-4800 supports. You need to turn off the advanced water. Upgrade your VC then you can probably play a lot more of your games and bitch a whole let less as well.

ARFF1Tampa
Airman Basic

Post by ARFF1Tampa »

Video card can't be upgraded. Like I hadn't tried that. All games play smoothly except this one. So I don't bitch about other games. If you can't take someone critisizing the game too bad. Just tired of wasting money on games like this that should play better than it does. If you don't think this game has problems (major buggs, crashes , ect. then read the message board, it's FULL of people complaining about them). Sorry about critisizing your precious game but it's Half-assed....

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

ARFF1Tampa, if you carry on being offensive you will be banned. Comments/criticism is fine, but please watch your tone.

People here are extremely helpful if you are polite.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Oli
Senior Airman

Post by Oli »

Tampa, did you install patch 2.03 ?

Then, try to lower the water and weather settings in the game, for instance to low.

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

ARFF1Tampa wrote:Well 20 FPS or below is unacceptable for me in a flight sim. Esp when flying thru a formation and trying to shoot. Every game out runs flawlessly on my machine (Doom3, COD2, everything but Battlefield2 as it doesn't support GeForce4ti ) P4 2.1ghz 1gig ram Geforce 4 ti except LOMAC, which since I got 1 gig of Ram runs ok, but have not tried an actual mission in it since I upgraded the memory to 1 gig. But with all the options turned all the way down BOB2 should be playable, it isn't.
Ho-hum...
hellcat

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I will try one time. You have a GF4 video card that is "NOT" DX9.c compliant. This game requires a Dx9 compliant card. Please read the minimum requirements again.

Many people on this forum could help you upgrade to a Dx9 compliant card if you would just try to be polite.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

I had a nVida GeForce TI-4200 with 128 and had compliancy problems with the DX9.0 graphics.

A simple upgrade to a FX5500 with 256 and everything is cool. Upgraded for under $100.00 U.S.
Snuffy

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”