Starting Over

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Woody
Airman Basic

Starting Over

Post by Woody »

Well been away from BoB II for a long time, but after I had to reinstall windows, I decided to reinstall all my fave games again for the summer.

So, now I am kinda lost as to how to setup the game again. :(

I should have saved all my settings and backed it up but I totally forgot to do anything.Only thing I did save was my TrackIR profile.
At the moment, I need to set the graphics, but dont see the AA option anywhere in the game menus, so everything has jaggies and dont look too nice.
I am using an ATI 5770 with the latest drivers.Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up the game, as its all a bit confusing when you ain't played or done anything for ages.

I know everyone tastes and PCs are different, but any help getting things up and running would be greatly appreciated.

Buddye
BDG

Re: Starting Over

Post by Buddye »

Welcome back to BOBII and the BOBII forum and player community.

You can set the AA in your ATI control center.

You set Anisotropic in the control center to "appication controlled" and then set it in game at Options->More GFX filtering.

Most all the settings are described in the User Manual and you will need to review it to get the most bang for the buck. Your 2.10 User manual is in the BOBII folder in the Docs folder.

Take your time as BOBII is a full function flight sim with a learning cruve.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

Woody wrote:everything has jaggies and dont look too nice.
Try this:
Go into options / gfx.
Switch "use windows desktop resolution (recommended)" to off.
In the line that now appears below, choose a resolution.

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Osram wrote:
Woody wrote:everything has jaggies and dont look too nice.
Try this:
Go into options / gfx.
Switch "use windows desktop resolution (recommended)" to off.
In the line that now appears below, choose a resolution.

Also in the ATI drivers config (outside of BobII) enable anti-aliasing.
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”