Question about AI flight models

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Question about AI flight models

Post by Point-man »

I was wondering after reading a post about the planes looking like they are studdering that can be fixed by not being the flight leader. My question is about the AI planes jumping around. Has the issue of the AI planes jumping around, or all the sudden changing directions been fixed. I know in the old one that if you got on the six of a 109 and starting to shoot him he would just appear to be jumping all over the place and after you shot him it would go to light speed or do something crazy. If that makes since. Has this issue been fixed? I hope I explained that well enough for you all to know what I am talking about...

-S-
Point

JamesB
BDG

Post by JamesB »

That issue is fixed or uncomon now, the issue described here AFAIK is about formation flying and jerky responses in formation from the AI.

Hope that helps.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

no not the formation AI but the enemy AI when you are chasing them

JamesB
BDG

Post by JamesB »

I know what you said, your comment about not flying as SQ leader is related to formation flying AI, as 1 on 1 its better most of the time.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

So, just so I understand you right and we are on the same page. The issue with the planes change direction out of nowhere has been fixed? Sorry if I'm sounding goofy but I'm trying to see if we are talking about the same thing. Like say a plane goes into a stall or something and the just goes striaght to the right and flys off like nothing ever happened...

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”